Hot Weather vs Cold Weather

Aquaholic

I figured there would be a small difference....I surely do not shoot good enough to tell though...all things equal...would the point of impact be higher (ever so slight as it maybe) if you sight your bow in at 95* then hunt with it when its 25*?

TboneD

Aquaholic":26u6xrxf said:
I figured there would be a small difference....I surely do not shoot good enough to tell though...all things equal...would the point of impact be higher (ever so slight as it maybe) if you sight your bow in at 95* then hunt with it when its 25*?

As Eric posted, not enough to matter, but the arrow encounters less air resistance through less dense, hot air, thus less trajectory than on a cold day, all other things equal. That is to say if there aren't other factors I'm not aware of. Anyhow, I've read tons of articles on bow hunting and this is the first time I've even ever seen this come up. Focus on the big things and what you can do something about: shooting from a stand, with winter clothing on, and with broadheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

I was shooting the other day and sweating my balls off and this is what came across my mind....thought Id ask the pros..... :lol:

Latest posts