Hogs at Catoosa

JDS

Thinking of the hunts in Dec. Has anyone done them before? Difficulty of hunt? Any info at all to share? Thanks

PillsburyDoughboy

Terrain is really hilly rocky and all around rough . I've learned to hunt it without dogs over my 25 + years hunting it but someone walking it just looking for Sign trying to scout for a good spot ???? Forgetta about it .

Fresh Sign means they have probably moved on .

Best thing u can do without dogs is try and get well ahead of the hunting party and stay ahead of the hunting party . If you hear the dogs coming sit tight .

If your camping over night try and hook up with one of the dog hunters . They are usually really nice and don't mind people joining in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDS

Is there anyone that guides for Catoosa for hogs? Is that even possible? Some of the guys that want o go with me were wondering if this was an option as they didn't want to go up to such rugged and unknown terrain without any help.

Carlos

In the section about Catoosa, the hunting guide mentions specifically, "Guides are prohibited on all hunts." 
I've always found that to be odd, because I didn't notice that mentioned for other WMA's across the state.

853f0427c3937145358224360c47ab72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JDS

Well that is something I wasn't aware of. Oh well. I may look into a paid hog hunt anywhere even GA or AL or MS. Does anyone have any recommendations on who and where? Thanks

MickThompson

Catoosa isn't the place to go if you want a good chance at a hog. TWRA has worked hard on them for several years and it shows. Hunter success on hogs is pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts