Hit & Miss Smallmouth

rsimms

Here is the Scenic City Fishing Weekend Update.

Saturday Todd Berman bought his son, Jacob, a fishing trip for his 12th Birthday. Jacob brought his friend, Ethan, along. They picked a good day to celebrate.

The fish weren't on fire.... but they were consistent, and they were QUALITY. It was really odd... a week ago Saturday we tagged lots of stripers. Today the stripers were no where to be seen. No matter however because the smallmouth took their place. Everybody got a piece of the action today, although most of the time when Todd hooked a fish he would hand it off to one of the boys.

We had two smallmouth well over the 4 lb. mark today ... and two or three more that were pushing it.

berman1.jpg

berman1a.jpg

berman2.jpg

BTW, there are two pictures with Ethan holding a big smallmouth with Jacob holding a channel cat. It is two different smallmouth... both times Jacob "doubled" with a catfish. All in all it was a beautiful morning... and some beautiful fish!

Of course we had another assortment of fish ... just about everything is always ready to eat a big shiner. And we drifted for some cats that were pretty cooperative today.

berman3.jpg

berman4.jpg

berman5.jpg

berman6.jpg

On Sunday I had shiners left from Saturday... so I just had to go use them. I have a new Frabill insulated, aerated minnow bucket BTW. It does great.

I was looking forward to some "fun fishing" for smallmouth by myself. Sadly it was a "What a difference a day makes" kind of morning. The smallmouth just didn't want to play today. Crazy... cloud cover and raining some, I thought they'd be hot. Not!

I didn't catch a single smallmouth. Of course my pet catfish were more than willing to play.... and I poked around and captured some other assorted species as well. Great fun morning
just fishin'," without having to worry about nothin' else. And that means life is good and gettin' better every day.

me_channel_cat.jpg

me_blue_cat.jpg

me_crappie.jpg

me_stripe.jpg

bowriter

R.I.P.
Lookin good in the neighborhood. Got April the 23 blocked out on my clandar. Between now and then, I'll be workin out and I'm going to W.O. in late Feb. for the closing ceremonies.

Latest posts