Hey catman

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I remember you said you have tried keeping up with all the fish you caught one year.

Just checked it and my fish catch spreadsheet is up to 597 as of this morning.
We have cleaned 135 fish. Guess we are catch and release supporters. :D

Hopefully we will go over the 600 mark tomorrow morning. :D

Pretty neat looking back at how many we catch on each trip and all the different species.

As of now we have caught rainbow trout, largemouth bass, bream, catfish, crappie, shellcracker, skipjack and golden shiners. :D

Winchester

Cool, never tried to keep up with every fish. I used to keep a log of my bass fishing for help with Tournament practice.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It is pretty neat, just something to look back on.

I track date, species, location, numbers, weight when applicable, whether or not it was kept and who caught it.

Like my son says, "You like this fishing way too much."

:D

Just glad I have to work every day or I would probably be divorced. :D

Crosshairy

I did that once for a whole summer in high school (just counted fish, didnt do any species tracking or anything). It can be fun, but also tedious :)

catman529

That's cool, I gave up on my fishing log over a year ago. I didn't include small fish and then wasn't sure how big they should be to log and then I got behind and then I just quit doing it. I still have the log book in my tackle bag though. Maybe I should do a more simple tally of each fish I catch, from shiners to rockfish. I have trouble keeping count on some days though. It was tough to keep count of the 70 fish a couple weeks ago.

Crosshairy

Some people carry a small counter/clicker on a lanyard hanging from their shirt. They just click it each time they catch one, and that way they don't have to remember.

People also use them when they are fishing for something with high limits where it's harder to keep track (like crappie, for example).

I've also seen scientists/biologists/etc. use them for all sorts of counting/surveying jobs.

Just posting this makes me want to buy one...

Search "clicker counter" in a search engine and you'll see what I'm talking about. they are cheap - about 3-4 bucks each. Just watch out for crazy shipping costs (or buy it with something else, where you can get free shipping on the whole order).