Her PB

cbhunter

TRIGGER":2cbcpznc said:
double browtine":2cbcpznc said:
Congratulations to your GF on a great bass! I bet that was a great fight landing that fish in the dark!

It all happened in a few short moments. She said "I got one" I laid my rod down jumped in the bottom of the boat and got the net. When I looked back up my head lamp was pointing at the fish as it was almost laying on its side digging sideways trying to get to deep water. The fish turned and came straight towards the boat and jumped 2' out of the water and I caught it in the net as the spinner bait went over our heads. It was a close call but we got it in the boat.
cool story! Rather be lucky than good anyways!

Better than my best bass by a good bit, congrats to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRIGGER

CritterGitter":2345f0zb said:
How do you bass fish at night ? That is something I've always heard people talk about but I've never done it and they never really explained how. I've heard using black spinnerbaits and black buzzbaits which just seems odd to me. But I'm very interested after seeing that fish!

It's a blast. Obviously dealing with the dark takes some getting used to. You don't need anything fancy just some head lamps ( I use ones with the motivation activation function) and a spotlight so you don't hit the bouys. I fish a spinnerbait mostly but also fish jigs,worms,shakie head and Carolina rig. The fish move up shallow at night. I am not the best but I used to REALLY struggle. I remember fishing from 6pm to 8am by myself once and never even got a bite lol. I'm not sure how that's even possible but I did it.

Latest posts