Heard from another commissioner

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Not very "uplifting" reply but at least he answered.

You are correct about the water fluctuations at Gooch. Twra has posted information about what to do if the water levels rise.

:rolleyes:

West_Tn

Not very "uplifting" reply but at least he answered.

You are correct about the water fluctuations at Gooch. Twra has posted information about what to do if the water levels rise.

:rolleyes:
This is what they have posted 😂

• At approximately 27 feet, the road under the railroad trestle becomes impassible to vehicle traffic. Vehicles inside of the trestle at this stage may be trapped until the water recedes.
  • At approximately 28 feet, hunters should launch their boats in the outer parking lot off of TN211 (Old US 51), work their way through the woods, under the trestle, south following the ditch along the Gooch levee, and drag their boat over the levee just past the B-Dock boat ramp.
  • At approximately 31 feet, boats may not be able to get underneath of the railroad trestle.

flyinpro

• At approximately 27 feet, the road under the railroad trestle becomes impassible to vehicle traffic. Vehicles inside of the trestle at this stage may be trapped until the water recedes.
  • At approximately 28 feet, hunters should launch their boats in the outer parking lot off of TN211 (Old US 51), work their way through the woods, under the trestle, south following the ditch along the Gooch levee, and drag their boat over the levee just past the B-Dock boat ramp.
  • At approximately 31 feet, boats may not be able to get underneath of the railroad trestle.
I believe WTN needs some rain.

Hduke86

And THIS is exactly the problem. Take me for instance, I just read that and I might as well been reading Chinese. Especially what it refers to when the water is "approximately 28". There's no way in heck someone like me from EAST Tennessee would be able to safely navigate that in the dark. I'd have to wait til it was daylight and then get in there and make all kinds of noise and not mentioning if I had to go by other blinds already set up. I guess id be giving @RUGER a call to get a search party together and hopefully locate us still in the boat and not dragging us out as "floaters"

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
And THIS is exactly the problem. Take me for instance, I just read that and I might as well been reading Chinese. Especially what it refers to when the water is "approximately 28". There's no way in heck someone like me from EAST Tennessee would be able to safely navigate that in the dark. I'd have to wait til it was daylight and then get in there and make all kinds of noise and not mentioning if I had to go by other blinds already set up. I guess id be giving @RUGER a call to get a search party together and hopefully locate us still in the boat and not dragging us out as "floaters"
It's really not even accurate either.
Last Friday night the water went from about 20' to over 30' in 12 hours
Granted when we left Sunday there was almost 2' of water under the trestle but manageable
713EFE66-601D-4A33-80AF-77667E83B169.png

Crazyeye

You guys stop it. Everyone knows you can drive in when the river is at 36. You just drive in and unload the boat. Yall just trying to keep those easterners away. So selfish.

Latest posts