Havalon Piranta vs Swiss+Tech Knife

Omega

I began looking for another handle for the blades the Havalon Piranta uses to keep a spare handy for when the blade loses it's edge while field dressing. Not wishing to spend the same amount on one I took a chance on this one for $10.94. Yes, it's Chinese made, but I have to say, I like it. It's solid, and unlike the Havalon has some heft to it. It came with a different profile blade, like a 70A , which I prefer, but I don't think they are as sharp as the ones that come with the Havalon, but I bought it for the handle so that's ok, and I purchased 70A blades for the Piranta anyway.

Swiss+Tech Folding Skinning Knife with Liner Lock
While the body of the Piranta is plastic, this one is aluminum and textured to give it a little grip.
STdF1n4.jpg

The locking mechanism is identical, which works just about the same way of course.
7CymIU8.jpg

The belt clip is larger, but it doesn't get in the way or affect the grip IMO.
0T9nYIQ.jpg

Shag

Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up! I lost my Havalon Piranta last year. I think I must have left it on the back of my ATV trailer after skinning out a deer head for a European mount. I've looked everywhere for it and it's just gone. Great price on this one for a replacement.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
Mine just arrived. When I first saw the package I thought oh boy, some will be missing but nope, received all four of them.

Attachments

• E1E9A3B5-6599-4A42-94E3-4CA480C13429.jpeg
    E1E9A3B5-6599-4A42-94E3-4CA480C13429.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 4F955907-27D6-4944-AFB2-67428A2882F2.jpeg
    4F955907-27D6-4944-AFB2-67428A2882F2.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 49

DMD

I began looking for another handle for the blades the Havalon Piranta uses to keep a spare handy for when the blade loses it's edge while field dressing. Not wishing to spend the same amount on one I took a chance on this one for $10.94. Yes, it's Chinese made, but I have to say, I like it. It's solid, and unlike the Havalon has some heft to it. It came with a different profile blade, like a 70A , which I prefer, but I don't think they are as sharp as the ones that come with the Havalon, but I bought it for the handle so that's ok, and I purchased 70A blades for the Piranta anyway.

Swiss+Tech Folding Skinning Knife with Liner Lock
While the body of the Piranta is plastic, this one is aluminum and textured to give it a little grip.
STdF1n4.jpg

The locking mechanism is identical, which works just about the same way of course.
7CymIU8.jpg

The belt clip is larger, but it doesn't get in the way or affect the grip IMO.
0T9nYIQ.jpg
Thanks for the heads up on these. I got mine in the mail today. I liked it so much, I ordered three more immediately.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DMD

What replacement blades fit these? I read the post above that said 70A...but are there any other sizes that fit it? Any blades that are a little longer?

Omega

What replacement blades fit these? I read the post above that said 70A...but are there any other sizes that fit it? Any blades that are a little longer?
Any blade advertised to fit the Havalon Piranta will fit it, the 60A which comes with the Piranta is a bit longer, but the point is like a needle, I did a review on the Piranta when I first used it to field dress a deer : Gear Review Havalon Piranta - Electronic Scale

DMD

Great! Thanks. I'll check out the review. I have a barracuta i believe. I love it for skinning deer.
Any blade advertised to fit the Havalon Piranta will fit it, the 60A which comes with the Piranta is a bit longer, but the point is like a needle, I did a review on the Piranta when I first used it to field dress a deer : Gear Review Havalon Piranta - Electronic Scale

Latest posts