Has anyone tried these?...

CAW

I like how you can check the camera without having to actually visit the exact site of the camera AND it does not require a sim card or cellular account. Not only would it help you keep from disturbing your hunting area, it also looks like it would help you catch a thief since the pictures are backed up on the remote unit.

So, has anyone tried them? Reliable? Signal strength as advertised?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJSral6vqQ

TheLBLman

I've not personally tried them, although I find the idea appealing. Almost got one of these last year until I read the reviews from those who had. Sounds like a crap shoot as whether you get one that works as advertised vs. fails to do so (as seems to be the case with most cams coming from China).

If I remember correctly, some of the user feedback was consistent in stating they could not have a range of 500 feet in their typical applications, and could be more like just a few feet in heavier cover.

Guess I need to re-visit and see what the more recent user-feedback is saying.

Somewhat similarly appealing are the cellular cams. So far, my only and very limited experience with one has been they are not reliable enough to really reduce the frequency of field checking much less than the same cam without cellular technology.

I suspect the technology will improve and these Tiny wireless cams and all the cellular cams will perform more as they're advertised in the coming years. Seems to be lots of bugs to work out in the meantime.

CAW

Wes Parrish said:
I've not personally tried them, although I find the idea appealing. Almost got one of these last year until I read the reviews from those who had. Sounds like a crap shoot as whether you get one that works as advertised vs. fails to do so (as seems to be the case with most cams coming from China).

If I remember correctly, some of the user feedback was consistent in stating they could not have a range of 500 feet in their typical applications, and could be more like just a few feet in heavier cover.

Guess I need to re-visit and see what the more recent user-feedback is saying.

Somewhat similarly appealing are the cellular cams. So far, my only and very limited experience with one has been they are not reliable enough to really reduce the frequency of field checking much less than the same cam without cellular technology.

I suspect the technology will improve and these Tiny wireless cams and all the cellular cams will perform more as they're advertised in the coming years. Seems to be lots of bugs to work out in the meantime.

Thanks Wes, I appreciate that feedback. Hopefully you are correct and they will get better as time goes on. I would be willing to invest in a system like this that works as advertised.