Anyone had one of these on camera?

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
This emu showed up on one of my cameras. The story I read on social media was that he escaped from his pen and the owner isn't concerned with getting him back. The crazy thing is the place he escaped from was at least 10 miles away from that camera.

@BSK someone posted today that he was headed out Bakerville. You may have a pic soon😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820_121529_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_121529_Gallery.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 146

DaveTN

That sucker would make one heck of a Thanksgiving dinner
Emu meat is an excellent alternative for health-conscious consumers who love the taste of beef. The red emu meat is similar in taste and texture to lean beef, but lower in cholesterol, fat, and calories.
The tenderness and texture of emu meat enables it to be prepared in a variety of ways. It is best prepared lightly grilled or pan fried.

tellico4x4

Years ago after the first big wave of emu meat hype, several farmers in our area jumped on bandwagon & started raising them. After that didn't pan out as planned I think some just turned them loose.
One morning I was hunting over a big clearcut. Right at daylight a long ways off I saw movement. Couldn't make it out with my cheap binos but it kept getting closer. At about 200 yards I thought "that's a friggin ostrich" 🤣. Got close & it wasn't as big as I originally thought it was and realized it was an emu.

DWB

I hunted in Georgia one year. I was walking through a creek bottom to my stand. When I climbed over the bank there was a emu standing just a few yards from my climbing stand. I let him have that spot for the night. Told the guys in camp they thought i was crazy until they found him dead a couple of weeks later. Lol

BSK

Actually, if I saw that thing walking in the woods....it just might scare me to death. I would not expect to see such an animal.
I was thinking the same thing! That would truly freak me out.

I know this is going to sound crazy in this day and age, but the first year I hunted my property (in the 1980s), I saw something that truly freaked me out. I saw a group of giant black birds walking through the forest. I kept trying to figure out why vultures were walking through the woods. I had never seen a wild turkey before. Where I grew up hunting, we didn't have them yet.

Latest posts