Has anyone tried a four fletch?

khawk

I am experimenting fletching my arrows with four fusion duravanes. From what I can tell, it seems to have shrunk my groups at 30+ yds. Biggest improvement I see is the way they fly with my muzzy 3 blades. Just curious if anyone else has tried it.

BowGuy84

Sure havent, I was going to try four this year with blazers or the fusion vanes, but ended up getting custom wraps and wanted more of them to show for asthetic reasons...silly I know but if I can be pretty and good why not be both?! Glad to hear it is working well and maybe next year I will follow suit.

bobthebowhunter

Yes my bitz will do a 4 fletch. It slowed the arrow way down. I didn't notice it being anymore accurate than normal. I'm sure it doesn't do anything to help the FOC either.

khawk

Thats supprising to hear considering they Fusion vanes I shoot weigh only 7gr each and adding 7gr shouldnt cost you but maybe 2 to 3 ft per second. Like I said, I am just expereminting and one more thing I noticed is that impact is not about 3/4" higher than normal now. I know thats not speed but maybe a flatter trajectory??

bobthebowhunter

khawk said:
Thats supprising to hear considering they Fusion vanes I shoot weigh only 7gr each and adding 7gr shouldnt cost you but maybe 2 to 3 ft per second. Like I said, I am just expereminting and one more thing I noticed is that impact is not about 3/4" higher than normal now. I know thats not speed but maybe a flatter trajectory??

Its not weight it's drag. I shot the 4 fletched arrow along with my regulars and they hit about 2" low at 30yards. Just telling you what i experianced.