H335 vs Shooters World Tactical Rifle

DaveB

At range primarily to compare H335 with Shooters World Tactical Rifle powders.
Prep for the test was straightforward;
Same brass, same primer, same rifle (Savage Axis) same bullet Armscor 55 grain FMJ, same OAL,
25 grains of H335 RCBS 10-10 scale
24.5 grains Tac Rifle
Shooting Chrony Beta Master Blue. Bright sunshine, low 70's. some wind.

5 shot strings, two for each load,
The Tac powder was consistently 20 FPS slower at 3190. H335 was 3208. SD for both was under 20.
Shooting was done by Son.

Observations:
Very surprised...the Tac grouped better. Felt recoil seemed less.

Summary; as always, YMMV. The TAC is at least 5 bucks a pound less expensive which overall is not that much but this powder is available, which H335 is not.

Next test: 60 Gr Partitions

DaveB

Yes, it meters through my Franklin just about as perfect as can be. I have changed my cross checking from every row of ten to every 2 rows of 10. I loaded 400 rounds of 223 checking every ten and finally realized every measure point was on the money.

Just one thing.... this powder makes no noise as it falls. I trickle it and you cannot see it fall into the pan, just the arm moving. Could be my eyes but I am using my left eye and I can see CFE Pistol and H335 and all others, just not this one.

I did notice some caking in the 8 pound container. I touched it and it disintegrated.

When dispensing it is really easy to spread it around. My scale is 12 feet from my Franklin so I take a filled brass and pour it into the pan. Well, doandodat. Powder goes everywhere.

This Shooters World line makes some mighty big claims; cleaner, faster, less muzzle flash, temperature neutral. Before my battery died the Chrony was reporting very reasonable numbers. Very tempting to try some of the bigger bore selections; 300 WSM to start.