Grillin' backstraps??

Ranchy

Have the last backstrap left from last year going on the grill this afternoon. The question is it better to cook over high heat or low heat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JohnnyBond

take the back strap and cut into bite size like stew beef
take a half of piece of thin cheap bacon ( do not use Wrights )
pineapple chucks and onion slices

take a piece of meat, pineapple and onion and wrap it in the bacon. Make sure to wrap it tight and then stick a tooth pick thru it

Place in plasctic container ..... Pour 1 jar of Zesty Italian dressing and Orange juice ..... marinate 2 days and then grill until bacon is done

dh1984

yeas it does it's makein my mouth water for some now i'll go and start getting it ready for the grill thanks for the advice i'll use that every time i grill backstraps now

TennesseeRains

JohnnyBond said:

take a piece of meat, pineapple and onion and wrap it in the bacon. Make sure to wrap it tight and then stick a tooth pick thru it

Place in plasctic container ..... Pour 1 jar of Zesty Italian dressing and Orange juice ..... marinate 2 days and then grill until bacon is done

[size]Why not use Wrights???[/size]

WTM

i like to cook mine whole with red wine marinade.

1/4 cup soy sauce(can sub with couple tablespoons worcheshire and water)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup good red wine, i use cabernet
1 or 2 cloves garlic mashed and minced
1/4 seasoning(i use thyme, oregeno and pepper)
1/4 cup molasses

mixed all except the molasses. poor over backstrap in baggie, seal and marinade a few hours. take out backstrap, reserving liquid. incorporate molasses in liquid to use as a basting sauce. grill backstrap whole on grill 350 deg indirect heat for 8-10 min lid closed. turn and grill another 8-10 min with lid open. let backstrap rest 5 min before slicing. i usually slice on the bias a little.

AllOutdoors

Take your back strap and cut 1 to 1.5 inches thick. Marinate in Low sodium Dales for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Carl's seasoning and add to grill over direct heat. This sears the meat holding the juice in. Just a few minutes each side and serve with a pink center.

Stalker

1" sliced steakes, butterfly cut
Little flour salt & pepper
cast iron skillet
fry in butter until meat is just pink in middle...

make some buttermilk biscuits
slice biscuits
insert butterfly steak

guarrantied to make you grin and increase your colesterol! :grin:

Stalker

AllOutdoors said:
Take your back strap and cut 1 to 1.5 inches thick. Marinate in Low sodium Dales for 1 hour. Sprinkle with Carl's seasoning and add to grill over direct heat. This sears the meat holding the juice in. Just a few minutes each side and serve with a pink center.

I like the Dale's seasoning for marinade also, when going to the grill as AllOutdoors describes perfectly...Alot of people over cook venison. It should not be still grunting, but a medium rare to medium is perfect...

JohnnyBond

TennesseeRains said:
JohnnyBond said:

[size]Why not use Wrights???[/size]

WE have found that it too thick and takes a while to get the bacon done and usually will overcook the meat.

Wrights is the only bacon to use for breakfast

Latest posts