Grilled leg quarters

TboneD

First cook on my new to me Kamado Joe Big Joe. I have the smaller Classic 1 I'll be selling because It's so cool to be able to fit a whole bag of leg quarters on the grate.
No brine, just seasoned lightly with Kinders roasted chicken seasoning, including under the skin, and then hit both sides with some Weber Kicken Chicken. Grilled direct at around 325-400* for around 45 minutes with a couple of flips, bone side down most of the time. While I prefer smoked chicken it's hard to beat the crispy skin of grilled direct.
1B6E2DEA-15FF-4FB6-84A6-30FD62123F44.jpeg

TboneD

Looks great! I do about 30-40 lbs of smoked chicken quarters once or twice a year. Typically eat and vacuum seal / freeze the rest. Love it. Just thaw out and heat
That's way too efficient for me! 😂 Nah, being able to cook out back is one of the perks of working from home. If I'm cooking two bags of leg quarters I'll use my offset smoker.

TAFKAP

Nice. I do bone-in thighs pretty frequently, and just long-term grill them for a good smoke taste. Takes about 45 mins to an hour, but the skin is crispy, but there's a ton of smoke flavor. Just offset for a while, then skin-side-down grill them until the fat starts to flame up. Move them off and manage the grill that way for a while. Good excuse to drink a few beers.

Latest posts