Frog legs

waterman

It just keeps getting better. Wife been outta town. Gumbo one night, frog legs and white taters the next. I sure miss her when she's gone but I do eat good

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_195548220_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230311_195548220_HDR.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 160

gasman

wife ate those at a chinese restaurant one time. she said these dont taste like fried mushrooms. i said that because they are not, theyre frog legs. i thought she was going to puke.

i like em if i gig em myself.
Frog legs at a Chinese restaurant? That's almost as bad as me getting fried green tomatoes at a gas station ONCE! I will never make that mistake again.

Soft Talker

Although it was fairly dry back home in The Cypress, "pig" frogs were thick along Turner River Road. Of the 25lbs of fresh legs we gigged over the course of a week, I was able to bring 5lbs or so home. Buttermilk soak, rolled in heavily seasoned flour/cornmeal mix and straight to the 350 degree grease. Some fine "Cracker" cousine. ;)

BigCityBubba

Frog legs at a Chinese restaurant? That's almost as bad as me getting fried green tomatoes at a gas station ONCE! I will never make that mistake again.
Of all the restaurants that I have eaten frog legs at, the chinese restaurants do it the best. American restaurants always seem to overcook them and put too much batter on them. There is a chinese buffet in town that cooks them perfectly with a light batter that has allot of black pepper in it. You have to watch the buffet for them to bring them out and then run up there before everyone else takes them.

Latest posts