Trying something new tonight, HOT LEGS!

Slaughter-06

I'm soaking 10lbs. of frog legs in buttermilk, hot sauce and cayenne pepper, then I will dredge them on flour and throw the hot greese to them tonight for our poker game.
Hope they turn out alright.

Redfred16

I've only had frog legs twice in my life. First time I loved them, 2nd time they weren't so good. But I think the reason was they were a bit under cooked and had a fishy taste.

The first time must have been done the way you are, they were crispy and spicy.

Slaughter-06

I don't care that much for store bought frog legs myself but it's all I got this time of year. I always get a mushy pair when I get store bought ones and they will turn your stomach pretty fast.

BamaProud

I love frog legs, it was a regular Spring and Summer meal at my house growing up. Where did you get them?

Basket-O-frogs:
frogs.jpg

TAFKAP

I must admit, I opened a page titled "HOT LEGS" and expected MUCH different. Color me disappointed.....again.

Hawk

TAFKAP said:
I must admit, I opened a page titled "HOT LEGS" and expected MUCH different. Color me disappointed.....again.

Had you planned to scream and shout.

catman529

I'm gonna have to give that a try this year. Cause I will definitely be out gigging or hand grabbing frogs at some point.

Slaughter-06

they did not get as spicy as I had hoped, maybe next time. them store bought frog legs were chewy no matter how long we cooked them. Just not what I remember in a wild frog. I will have to catch me some this spring to refresh my memory lol

Mike Belt

There's only 1 way to eat frog legs and that's fresh. Frozen (imported from India) frog legs don't even fall into the same catagory as frog legs.

Latest posts