Got to catch a couple smallmouth

Headhunter

I know you guys have some incredible fishing while ya'll are up there. Your dad still able to make the trip?
Not sure he will make another one. He is 87 now. 2019 may have been his last one. Hoping he is still up for it if and when we get to go again.

Thanks for asking. Carried him crappie fishing (and my brother) last week, we caught several and my brother had one that was 2 lbs out of Priest.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
That's cool I have never caught a small mouth. I have really wanted to but don't know anything about it and I never get to fish out side of west TN.
I definitely don't know anything about it.
I caught these while trying for yellow bass. LOL
No doubt it was a good time though.

I did catch one a few years ago on KY lake while fishing for bream though. Caught that one on a cricket.

NumberOne

I grew up catching smallmouth out of a creek. Learned a lot from it. Mainly how they setup in current. Find a deeper creek and it will have smallmouth in it. They are relatively easy to catch too.

Headhunter

I definitely don't know anything about it.
I caught these while trying for yellow bass. LOL
No doubt it was a good time though.

I did catch one a few years ago on KY lake while fishing for bream though. Caught that one on a cricket.
Ruger, lost the biggest smallmouth I have ever hooked one day in White Oak creek. Got him to the boat, no net I rarely use one anyways but wish I had one that day. Guy with me and myself believe it was 7 lbs easy. Hit a bubble gum worm, floating it next to milfoil. Wish I had got him in.

We used to catch 4 to 5 a summer that were 4 to 5 lbs fishing Priest while fishing drop offs. Haven't caught one in many years though.

Latest posts