Got new rod....for a while

Moonman

Decided to run after work and fish from the bank to try out a few new crappie rods from southern crappie rods after reading some reviews. Picked up a 5'6, 8'9, and a 10'2. Well it was a nice evening that started slow but heated up. I took the 8 ft one with me and caught 10 in about 30 minutes when they started biting. I was using a Bobby garland bluegrass on a 1/32 head. I didn't keep any because I didn't want to clean them. Well I was in the groove and they were hot so every time I said one more cast I got a bite and knew I had to get hone to eat. With the lake being down I had walked down the shoreline pretty far from my other stuff. I started walking at a fast pace back and got right to my tackle box and wham.... my feet flew out and didn't know what happened. My dead gum hand fell in the tackle box and lures were everywhere and in my hand....my toe was throbbing and knees bleeding. I start picking up lures and get them up and go to reach and grab my rod and the worse thing ever the top was just dangling. I was hurting to the point of oh well. Well to sum it up I can get a new top for 14 bucks and all that is bruised will be me tomorrow. It don't take much but be careful on those loose gravel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

Hduke86

Dang that's a rough way to end a good day. That's about how my luck went yesterday. I took my youngest crappie fishing since the weather was so nice. We had pulled the boat out of the water and on the way home he had to use the bathroom and couldn't hold it. I whipped in the gas station parking lot and took him in to use the bathroom. Well I came back out and some POS had took it upon themselves to snatch and grab my 4 new Daiwa rods and reels out of the back of the truck and 2 of them still had price tags and plastic on them.

Moonman

Dang that's a rough way to end a good day. That's about how my luck went yesterday. I took my youngest crappie fishing since the weather was so nice. We had pulled the boat out of the water and on the way home he had to use the bathroom and couldn't hold it. I whipped in the gas station parking lot and took him in to use the bathroom. Well I came back out and some POS had took it upon themselves to snatch and grab my 4 new Daiwa rods and reels out of the back of the truck and 2 of them still had price tags and plastic on them.
A thief just makes me mad. I hate to hear that as hope you find out who it was. Sorry that you and your son had to deal with the pieces of crap.

Moonman

Those are great rods. I got 2/ 12ft. 6/ 14s. Never broke any yet.
So far I liked the one I was using. The 8 ft I could feel the bite, and I'm sure it wouldn't have broke if it didn't get slammed into a rock. I swore I laid it down, but from the look of it I fell with it in my hand. I'm getting my new top section in a few days and went ahead and got the 9 ft too just to see since shipping was 15 flat and the top was 14 for my 8'ft.

BobbyII

Same thing happened to me in Panama City Florida. Starting to go out on the pier for some fishing. I was parked in the parking garage at the condo we were in which was across the street. I needed to make a phone call and when I got back to the truck in the garage with security and also cameras, all my heavy duty salt water rods (4) and tackle was gone in approximately 15 minutes tops. Security filled a report but said it wouldn't do any good - and they were right !! Went to WalMart and replaced it all for around $400.00 !! I hate a damned thief.

Latest posts