Gobbling??

DaltonsDad

Just wondering any one hearing any over in east TN? Son went this am and never heard a thing. Hopefully they will gobble in the morning. Do you think the cold shut em down?

TNtrapper

They were fired up this morning on the west side. They gobbled good on the roost and after flydown they were gobblin at every crow that came by. I really figured that the cold would make em tight lipped. It was 35 here at first light. ;)

DaltonsDad

Thanks guys I appreciate the insight! I just hope it warms up a little. I am coming home for just 2 short weeks so I hope they do thier thing.

cruff10

I'm in Morgan County, i've been for the past 3 weekends and a few mornings in between, i've not heard the first bird and i've coverd LOTS AND LOTS of ground,

I can see gobbler tracks all around, fresh scratchings, and dropings, not one gobble.

Yesterday, i seen a flock of 30 in a field at 10AM, out of the 8 gobblers, not one was stutting, i watched them for 30 min, not the gobblers stayed in their group and the hens stayed in theirs.

All gobblers heads were red, not one was white, like they haden't been gobbling all day.

very disapointed.....

REN

man they were fired up on sat in trousdale co, that i know for a fact. Had 9 hammering most of the morning.

had 4 2 year olds come in READY TO FIGHT!!!! my buddies nephew got a shot off but he missed, still a great morning!

Latest posts