Glock Fans?

keystonecop

Before I start a gun war I like alot of guns but lean towards a Glock. Been wanting a Glock 30 and found a used one last week at a good price. I have a Glock 30 (45 ACP) Glock 21 (45 ACP) and a Glock 19 (9mm) and love all 3. I even have a Glock 19 knock off the Smith & Wesson SD9VE (9mm) that I carry on routine basis. The reason I carry the SD9 is if I do by chance ever get into anything and my gun is taken for evidence, it's only $300 to go to Academy and get another. I'm not a big .40 fan but would buy a Glock 22 with the conversion 9mm barrel.

TNRifleman

Generally people either love Glocks or hate them. I carry a 23 and really like the way Glocks fit my hand. Their reliability is unquestionable. The .40 cal is a little snappy but I started off with .40 cal Glocks and have way too much ammo to make a switch over now. That being said, my favorite Glock I have ever owned is the 21. It shot like a dream but was just a beast to carry. I have also had the S&W SD40VE and it was a great pistol as well. The trigger spring upgrade is a must because the factory triggers on them seem to have an initial pull in the 25 lb range :)

BobTail

I suppose that a Glock would be better than a pocket full of rocks ........ but just barely. They absolutely do NOT fit my hand. Not a problem with the gun function-ability, but it just doesn't work for me.

On the other hand (he-he) my son carries a G19 daily and loves it.

They are superb pistols and their reliability is indisputable. But I can't get along with them at all.

BobTail

infoman jr.":k75o4uis said:
Please tell me there is more to you choosing a "cheap" alternative for self protection other than the cost.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. :shock:

keystonecop

The SD9 is a Glock 19 knock off. Glock sued S&W over design of the gun and won. Now Smith must pay Glock a royalty every time they sell one of these guns. Thus they are Glock knock offs. There is no question this gun will work every time plus it's cheaper. In turn if I have to use this gun in a self defense situation and the gun has to be tagged as evidence, ill go buy another one at $300. A good reliable gun that I have no worries carrying.

infoman jr.

keystonecop":1gctzetl said:
The SD9 is a Glock 19 knock off. Glock sued S&W over design of the gun and won. Now Smith must pay Glock a royalty every time they sell one of these guns. Thus they are Glock knock offs. There is no question this gun will work every time plus it's cheaper. In turn if I have to use this gun in a self defense situation and the gun has to be tagged as evidence, ill go buy another one at $300. A good reliable gun that I have no worries carrying.
Thanks for clearing that up.

BobTail

I've fired both. Several times. It definitely is a Glock copy ........ but it definitely ain't a Glock.

I wouldn't bet my life on one.

Hope it serves you well though.

W.Seay

I have loved all my glocks. I owned 19,23,30,30sf,43,26 & 27. All were boringly reliable with anything I ran in them. My favorite is the 19 and 30sf.The 30sf was the most accurate out of the box. The only one I didn't care for was the 27, it was way too snappy compared to all the others.

jejeffrries71

My Glock 40 is the only handgun I own that is not a revolver. I have really enjoyed it, and I think I could kill a truck with it. Not a gun for those on a tight budget, especially if you like full power loads, but I like a big bang.

Deer Assassin

IMO

you can get by with a cheap revolver but an auto loading pistol you get what you pay for you may never use it in a hostile situation but my life and my familys life's worth you cant put a price on

i hate glocks but they are some of the most accurate pistols i have shot

landman

For what you have tied up in the Glocks why are you worried about and extra $200-250 dollars?
If you get in a shooting your going to lose more than $300, cause you'll have attorney fees and time off
work at least. If your in the good they will in time give you the gun back, but it's ingraved
with a case number many times. And going right back and buying another gun I'm thinking your attorney
may say not right now is the smart thing to do, I mean you have other guns.

Either the Glocks are safe queens, or you don't trust your life on their reliability???

When I have for out for defense if I need it while walking a new property I want it to
go bang when I pull the trigger, that's what the Glock guys tell me is the reason to have one.
Personally I've carried Custom Shop 1911's thru thickets and didn't care the cost if I lost one
cause I needed to save mine or my clients life, but that's me

Latest posts