Glock 20sf

hunter0925

Looking at taking the wife on a camping/spring bear/ shed hunting trip in Idaho in the spring of 20. I'm leaning hard on purchasing a glock 20sf to carry for brownies just in case. Thoughts, concerns and feed back on the 10mm for browns. Seems some countries are supplying their equivalent of coast guard with the 20sf for polar bear protection with documented cases of them taking bears down. I am more confident with a glock than a revolver in stressful situation and with the right ammo I believe a 10mm should do the trick. Your thoughts?

hunter0925

markwondi":ba98nv8z said:
I have the compact 10mm (G29) and haven't had to use it but I would completely trust it in bear country. Look into underwood ammo for full power loads.

I carry a 26 and 19 so I'm used to how the glock feels and functions in my hand. If it was just me I wouldn't worry to much but having my wife with me will definitely give me more peace of mind to have it.

TresMon

A Centimeter cartridge (10 mm = 1 cm. Ha! ) is 97-98% ballistically equivalent to a 41 magnum revolver round. The 41 never received the glory the 357 and the 44 did but those familiar LOVE THEM and for good reason. 10mil & 41 both are great rounds.

In black bear country I'd load whatever hp's on the heavier side.

In actually brown and Grizzly country I would NOT load HP's.

I'd load JSP's....Jacketed soft point. That will get you a little more depth of penetration. TO get past the heavy shoulder and very thick sections of muscle and on to the vitals.

An example would be.....
https://www.federalpremium.com/products ... dgun/p10t1

Have fun!

LanceS4803

hunter0925":sct9dd4x said:
I am more confident with a glock than a revolver in stressful situation and with the right ammo I believe a 10mm should do the trick. Your thoughts?

You are more confident with a Glock, but is your wife?
There was a recent bear attack where the Guide was carrying a Glock 20 when attacked. The hunter ended up with the Glock, but couldn't get it to function. Ended badly for the guide. The thinking was, if it had been a revolver, the hunter would have been able to shoot.
Sometimes simpler is best. Just something to think about.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/wy...mber-magazine-pistol-separated/#axzz5lazVlC00

hunter0925

LanceS4803":r6093ty0 said:
hunter0925":r6093ty0 said:
I am more confident with a glock than a revolver in stressful situation and with the right ammo I believe a 10mm should do the trick. Your thoughts?

You are more confident with a Glock, but is your wife?
There was a recent bear attack where the Guide was carrying a Glock 20 when attacked. The hunter ended up with the Glock, but couldn't get it to function. Ended badly for the guide. The thinking was, if it had been a revolver, the hunter would have been able to shoot.
Sometimes simpler is best. Just something to think about.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/wy...mber-magazine-pistol-separated/#axzz5lazVlC00

My wife isn't confident with anything. Lol
She shoots a xd but won't shoot it enough to be completely confident in it. She will not shoot a revolver... I have tried.

Latest posts