Giles County between Goodsprings and Minor Hill along Highway 11

campbell24

Does anyone have any familiarity with this area in regards to deer hunting? Went and looked at a piece yesterday to buy and from what I could tell it looked great but of course it's crazy thick this time of year….any information would be greatly appreciated.

Bass1090

Does anyone have any familiarity with this area in regards to deer hunting? Went and looked at a piece yesterday to buy and from what I could tell it looked great but of course it's crazy thick this time of year….any information would be greatly appreciated.
I am on a lease just past Minor Hill on Hwy 11. We have some good quality bucks and a decent doe population.

Volbuck777

I used to hunt off dog branch rd. It was great hunting and that was 20 years ago. I've seen more deer there than I have probably anywhere I've ever hunted. I personally never killed a quality buck there but I saw some monsters at Ajs market back when they had a deer cooler. Not sure if that place is still around it was on hwy 11.

Snake

I've hunted in many different places in Giles and where there are more deer there are more bucks. Kept one lease until they sold it close to twenty +years , about every year some would kill a 115 to 125 " buck and several does if you chose to . It was on the eastern part of Pulaski . Quality can be helped some by proper management .

Steverino

I live in Giles near RT 11. There are some good deer here, lots of does. A fair amount of bucks. I've been told the herd is diminishing and since I move in here I can see that somewhat. A lot of deer are harvested each fall, you can tell by seeing the trucks at the deer processing place on 11.

FTG-05

I live in Giles near RT 11. There are some good deer here, lots of does. A fair amount of bucks. I've been told the herd is diminishing and since I move in here I can see that somewhat. A lot of deer are harvested each fall, you can tell by seeing the trucks at the deer processing place on 11.
What deer processing place?

FTG-05

AJs its on the left about a mile or so on 11 toward minor hill from rt 64. I believe there's a meat packing place too that just opened and does deer processing. I've never used it so don't know exactly where on 11 it is but its in this vicinity too.
From GE:

All American Meat Processing & Smokehouse - Meat processor
4610 Minor Hill Hwy
Pulaski, TN 38478

I'm gonna have to check them out. I need a reliable source of Beefy Beef Ribs!

Thanks!

Snake

AJs its on the left about a mile or so on 11 toward minor hill from rt 64. I believe there's a meat packing place too that just opened and does deer processing. I've never used it so don't know exactly where on 11 it is but its in this vicinity too.
I used have my deer cooled there but if it gets into rifle season he may not have the room .

Steverino

I used have my deer cooled there but if it gets into rifle season he may not have the room .
I havent been in there in a few years. I hunted well into the season sometimes and other times right on opening of gun season. Never had an issue. Course the turn around was fast for me because I'm not that far away from them LOL.

Latest posts