Getting there need gun

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
My TSS loads came in, just need to figure out which 20ga to get.
IMG_4021.jpeg

Huntaholic

LOL pretty much any of them will work great, just pick out the one you like the feel of the best. I LOVED the 11-87, it shot FANTASTIC, I just cant tolerate a gun that breaks or lets me down, I ended up getting a Retay. Yeah, it hurt my feelings to give that much money for a gun made in Turkey, but where else should a turkey gun be made? :D

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Top contenders:
Tristar viper 24" barrel
Mossberg Sa-20 tactical turkey. (Not sure about pistol grip)
Stoeger 3020 Turkey. (Don't like the sights)

Shag

Yes sir it comes with the optic cut out like a pistol does, so the optic sets recessed down in the the gun giving you more of a cheek weld
That's awesome right there! The manufactures finally caught up with what everybody is wanting/doing with turkey guns.

Had to drill and tap my little 11-87 20GA to run a Burris FF3. Finally got it sighted in and patterned yesterday. But that's a nerve wracking process…drilling holes in a gun when spare parts for it are completely unobtanium.

Joe2Kool

I see you got the most expensive part of your setup first! 🤣 🤣 Congrats on your purchase!

Regarding the original question, can't offer much. I'm hunting with my 2000'ish purchase of a Remington 870 TKM. It goes boom! Turkey is doomed!

Union Co. Boy

I'm a semi-auto guy at heart. So, I love my Tristar Viper G2 in 20 gauge. First pistol grip shotgun I've owned. Cycles and shoots great so far. Like the weight, and I think it looks great for a turkey gun as well. Carries and points well for me. Price point can be very reasonable and affordable when they run sales also.

rem270

I'm a semi-auto guy at heart. So, I love my Tristar Viper G2 in 20 gauge. First pistol grip shotgun I've owned. Cycles and shoots great so far. Like the weight, and I think it looks great for a turkey gun as well. Carries and points well for me. Price point can be very reasonable and affordable when they run sales also.
X2 on the tristar. I was hesitant on the pistol grip because I've never owned one but I love it. Holding the pistol grip and looking through the red dot just all feels right when I shoulder it.

knightrider

Are your shooting the factory choke that comes with it? I'm probably gonna have to get my daughter something. My son and I both shoot 870 youth 20 gauges but not sure about the new ones.
The factory choke shoots plenty good enough with tss to kill them , it was a nice fairly even 25 inch pattern at 40. Im shooting the Indian creek 555 with apex #9 just because it infuriates me to put a pellet in the breast so i like a very tight pattern out to 40
IMG_4040.jpeg

deerfever

Not on the list but the Weatherby Element is a great little semi auto. 22 inch barrel around 6 pounds but feels lighter. Reasonably priced and shoots great. The Stoeger turkey version has a 24 inch barrel if I remember correctly, feels great but that sight drove me nuts, Lol, they do shoot really good . I still have a Stoeger 3020 in bottomland ( not turkey version)and just shoot bead when I use it, straight shooter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429-232124.png
    Screenshot_20240429-232124.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts