Getting out the bow

PillsburyDoughboy

I gotta say due to a shoulder injury last fall after bow season I had to put the bow down in order to let everything heal exactly the way it should . Dr Said just lay off for awhile.

So I got the bow out after 9 months off. 27 yards out with it being dialed in for 27 yards and dang if I did not center punch the target on my first cold shot. Had that been a deer it would have been lights out for him.

Groups were very respectable considering and I only shot about 20 arrows. Did not try and push myself too hard. Got out to 35 shots for the final 5 shots. All were in the kill zone.

Not feeling too bad about taking the time away. I do know I need to be hitting it hard though. Those angle shots and range estimations always get to you when you least expect it.

mattmillard510

It's like riding a bike! Kind of, lol.

Remember, if it hurts, stop! Don't be afraid if dropping the draw weight to gain more reps, especially if you have some soreness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

mattmillard510":1fclfie3 said:
It's like riding a bike! Kind of, lol.

Remember, if it hurts, stop! Don't be afraid if dropping the draw weight to gain more reps, especially if you have some soreness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I am really taking it easy. My bow is set at just 57 LBS and I its a really easy draw to start with and very forgiving. I don't usually shoot more than 12-20 arrows in a setting. When I feel just the slight bit tired I put it away or do some bail blind shooting.