Get your popcorn ready! Ol Miss vs Tennessee.

TreyB

Everyone here knows I don't like Vols...I was trying to be nice abour it...
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Spurhunter

I was at that game. The Tennessee haters don't remember it, but I do. On the way out there was an Ole Miss fan running through the concourse getting in every Tennessee fan's face screaming "roll tide!" Not sure what that has to do with a Tennessee / Ole Miss basketball game but I wish I would've knocked him tf out.

PillsburyDoughboy

I hope they can ID some of the idiots throwing the stuff and prosecute. I also hope those who made the deci$ion to have in-$tadium beer sales are happy.
Beer sales are not the problem. Having a responsible beer selling program in place like the ones the titans have in place is the answer.

I did fundraising for a group for almost 10 years with the titans and the Predators. At both facilities we had to go through Alcohol training classes before we could serve. Rules were very basic in nature. ID everyone every time.,,serve no more than two beers at anytime to one single person and sales of beer concluded at the end of the 3rd period. We also were never allowed to hand anyone a can. We always poured directly into a cup and handed the customer the cup. I noticed CANS and Bottles were being thrown onto the field at neyland. That would never happen at a stadium where they took safety as a top priority. Ill bet after the SEC hands down whatever sanctions it hands down after this weekend things will prioritize with with the vols.

Spurhunter

Make no mistake. Updyke was clearly insane but then again you have to question the sanity of a fan base that TP'S their OWN trees.
He might've been insane, but he was a hero to large parts of bammer nation. As far as Auburn fans go, I've met a lot of them. Most of them graduated from Auburn and were nice, sensible people. I've also met a lot of alabama fans. Some of them actually think they are part of the team. That's insanity.

PillsburyDoughboy

Maybe it was the orher team. Over and out.
Alot of confusion seems to be coming from the fact of the direction the projectiles were coming from. Some have been spinning it like it was coming from the visitors side and that would lead one to assume that means it was Ole Miss fans . But the Student section is located in D-K on the "visitors side" of the stadium. It even says on knoxville.com "The Tennessee Volunteers have a huge student section, including sections D-K. If you are bringing kids to the game, it is best to stay clear of sections adjacent to these as well. " I guess you can see why they had to put that PSA out there. https://www.knoxvillestadium.com/seating-chart/

BamaProud

$250,000 fine plus a lot more other required action:

I just can't understand how "a few" fans managed to spread so much trash over such a large area of the field. I saw dozens if not hundreds of projectiles in the air within a few minutes. Those "few" fans must have been moving around the stadium like Buddy the Elf in a snowball fight.

Gravey

Alot of confusion seems to be coming from the fact of the direction the projectiles were coming from. Some have been spinning it like it was coming from the visitors side and that would lead one to assume that means it was Ole Miss fans . But the Student section is located in D-K on the "visitors side" of the stadium. It even says on knoxville.com "The Tennessee Volunteers have a huge student section, including sections D-K. If you are bringing kids to the game, it is best to stay clear of sections adjacent to these as well. " I guess you can see why they had to put that PSA out there. https://www.knoxvillestadium.com/seating-chart/
My daughter is a senior there and was at the game. She said the majority was coming from the student section but there were things all over the field. She said she saw one person in handcuffs. My buddy was 20 rows from the top with his family in GG and his daughter got hit with something. Said there was nothing behind them but Ole Miss fans. Read other firsthand accounts saying Ole Miss fans were throwing things too. Doesn't make it right but it wasn't just the fans in orange.

Pam

$250,000 fine plus a lot more other required action:

I just can't understand how "a few" fans managed to spread so much trash over such a large area of the field. I saw dozens if not hundreds of projectiles in the air within a few minutes. Those "few" fans must have been moving around the stadium like Buddy the Elf in a snowball fight.

Lol until the next game..

Latest posts