Get your popcorn ready! Ol Miss vs Tennessee.

The Hill

Every school has their trash. Sadly ours really showed out, and I hate it for the players.
Yep. I'm a vol fan and that was pretty embarrassing. Was at South Carolina game. Can't carry kids to a game now without being affected by trash fans. Would prefer not to hear a "f*** joe Biden" chant or other vulgarities when carrying 10 year old to game but guess that is way or world now and some (or many) are ok with it.

LY

TN had their chances.

Muffed a punt on their own 10 to start the game down 7.

In what was to be the game winning drive, 2 back to back penalties killed it. A hold on a big run really hurt and a false start. In a drive that came up inches short the combo of those two penalties where huge.

To still have a chance at the end was remarkable against the #13 team in the country. That was two different plays at the end of the game where they lost on just mere inches, the 4th and 27 and Miltons throw.

They had their chances, hopefully going forward they'll make one of those plays and never muff such a punt again.

Last edited:

Sam Davis

A guy at church this morning who was at the game said the Ole Miss players and some team staff was taunting the fans.
They was giving the middle finger and making obscene gestures .

PalsPal

A guy at church this morning who was at the game said the Ole Miss players and some team staff was taunting the fans.
They was giving the middle finger and making obscene gestures .
I don't doubt it, but as the old, wise saying goes, "two wrongs don't make a right".

Yep. I'm a vol fan and that was pretty embarrassing. Was at South Carolina game. Can't carry kids to a game now without being affected by trash fans. Would prefer not to hear a "f*** joe Biden" chant or other vulgarities when carrying 10 year old to game but guess that is way or world now and some (or many) are ok with it.

It is sad. That's a tough decision. If you do continue to take them, you might limit it to winnable games, like Vandy or Memphis :D !

jag1

I don't doubt it, but as the old, wise saying goes, "two wrongs don't make a right".

It is sad. That's a tough decision. If you do continue to take them, you might limit it to winnable games, like Vandy or Memphis :D !
Lol, Memphis has been the best team in Tn for the past several years if memory serves correct. They're down this year but young. To Pam's earlier point, Tn fans live to talk trash about Memphis thug players/fans. Lived in this area my whole life, went to school at Tech. Those sentiments I've heard forever. Sometimes they are true but it is also true of many other institutions including the flagship of TN. That was embarrassing. IMO, it was a mistake to approve beer sales at college venues.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Show me on this doll where Kiffin hurt you. ;) :)
NSC495R.jpg
The flopping every down

THEdonkey0515

The flopping every down
They need to look into fixing that. It was done some on both sides, but TN was not near as bad at it as Ole miss.

If your rolling around in so much pain you can't stand or make it to the sideline you should set out a series, not ready to go full speed And look fine after a single snap.

Gravey

That crap is ridiculous. It's got me seriously questioning if I even want to go back to another game this year. I know I saw some projectiles flying out of the contingents of Ole Miss fans too. Drunk college kids are gonna be drunk college kids but that is ridiculous.
I talked to my buddy who was there with his family 20 rows from the top. His daughter got hit with something and he said all that was behind them were Ole Miss fans. Obviously there were more things thrown from the UT side but both were apparently slinging it. Talked to my daughter earlier and she's a senior at UT and was there. Said things were being thrown from everywhere but the biggest majority was from the student section. Said she watched cops chasing people down and saw one in handcuffs. Too bad they could t get them all. Every fan base has trashy fans and UT is no different. They give every fan base a bad name.

Latest posts