Get your popcorn ready! Ol Miss vs Tennessee.

megalomaniac

I dont see the problem. Throwing crap at Lane Kiffin is the best 250,000 we've ever spent. Worth every penny. He's the one guy on earth I wouldn't piss on if he were on fire.

And don't think he won't remember and be scared the next time he comes into town. He is not EVER welcome in Knoxville. Even when he makes a few million more by being bought out by LSU. He needs to go back to the PAC 10

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I dont see the problem. Throwing crap at Lane Kiffin is the best 250,000 we've ever spent. Worth every penny. He's the one guy on earth I wouldn't piss on if he were on fire.

And don't think he won't remember and be scared the next time he comes into town. He is not EVER welcome in Knoxville. Even when he makes a few million more by being bought out by LSU. He needs to go back to the PAC 10

252483D2-875D-4305-9A8B-EAB1A1635EE0.png

TNReb

What a game. Disappointed in the loss, disgusted at the fans throwing stuff on the field for 20 minutes, cannot believe Milton runs the ball out of bounds with no time left on the clock.

But at the end of the day, look at where we ended tonight and compare that to last year. We lost a lot of great players. I fully expected this football team to be one of the worst in my football watching life. I am happy with tonight. We were down our best running back, LB, and 2 starting lineman and we still had a chance to beat a great team.
Ole Miss was also without two of their starting receivers, their starting tight end, and a starting o-lineman.

TNReb

If you have that much hatred towards someone who just coaches football and has absolutely no direct effect on you, you need to loosen up.

TNReb

Well, the ref got it right. The ball wasn't in the receivers outstretched hand. Even in that picture you can tell the receivers body didn't get to the marker. Reaching an empty hand out to the marker doesn't mean anything.

If you want to question the officiating I'd be more concerned about the time UT stripped the ball from the QB and nearly had a touchdown, but the refs said the play was stopped due to forward progress, even though no whistle could be heard on the TV. Looked to me like UT got hosed on that call.

I'd be most ticked off the QB ran the ball instead of tossing up a hail mary. UT had some small chance to win and didn't have a player smart enough (or well coached enough) to know that running out of bounds with no time means you lose.

Last edited:

TNReb

Funny to see people so ticked off, blaming refs (for accurate calls), blaming fake injuries, etc, and thinking it's ok to throw things at young men playing a game for the crowd's entertainment.

Nobody noticed UT had some conveniently timed injuries also?

At least as a Rebs fan I know we aren't going to be better than a top 15-25 team. 9 wins is a good year for us and I'm content with that. We will inevitably lose games we shouldn't lose.

UT is always "one year away" and has some of the most delusional fans I've ever been around.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Funny to see people so ticked off, blaming refs (for accurate calls), blaming fake injuries, etc, and thinking it's ok to throw things at young men playing a game for the crowd's entertainment.

Nobody noticed UT had some conveniently timed injuries also?

At least as a Rebs fan I know we aren't going to be better than a top 15-25 team. 9 wins is a good year for us and I'm content with that. We will inevitably lose games we shouldn't lose.

UT is always "one year away" and has some of the most delusional fans I've ever been around.
Comparing apples to acorns.

cbhunter

I hate the "ref" excuse as bad as anyone. But this was a terrible called game. I agreed with the spot on the 4th and forever, we were short. Scoop and score was bs call. Tons and tons of missed calls but it is what it is. We had a chance and we lost. That's that

Meanwhile, it's been decided what Ole Miss will be called once they move on from "the rebels"

Attachments

• C09602D8-046F-4B41-BF10-DFC046CD12AB.png
    C09602D8-046F-4B41-BF10-DFC046CD12AB.png
    76 KB · Views: 39

THEdonkey0515

I've yet to hear anyone say this wasn't a horribly called game. Even non tennessee fans when talking about this game on TV or pod cast. they always say when is the SEC gonna clean up the officiating? That was bad.

Was that a first down......

nope I don't think so. was they a alot of missed calls leading up to that...yes .....was they alot more fake injuries on ole miss then UT? ......Yes go back and look.... I watched the same LB fall over rolling in pain like he been shot 3 times only to be running back after a single snap. Heck even the QB fell over once hurt he was jumping around 15 seconds later wanting back in before a play was even ran, but they would not let him. 2 or maybe 3 of tennessees injuries those guys never came back out.

Still not the reason UT lost. No excuses UT had mutiple chances Fumbled punt that spotted ole miss 7. A couple more missed plays. heck a QB that runs outta bounce on the last of play of game.

Was they alot of 21 year old students that hhad een drinking all day long? yes. Do drunk 20 year old kids do stupid stuff? Yes

Will this happen again in college sports probably so...

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

And yes I see ole miss had injuries as well. Still your talking about a caoch in his 2ed year with a full roster. Against a coach with barely a roster at all in his 6th game.

2 starting linemen, starting HB and multiple starting Defensive players out.

3 weeks ago people was saying this wouldn't be a game. It was only when UT beat Missouri & South Carolina people really started saying UT had a chance... to only be a play away.... maybe a half a yard away still really says something.

when you look at these teams on paper UT shouldn't have been Close

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

Don't go posting facts and pop his balloon. He knows that without an all-world QB to save their bacon, TN wins easily.
Heisman candidate, in his 2ed season with kiffen...Against a transfer who had 3 starts at UT going into that game. Been with this coaching staff a few months.

Like I said if you looked at these teams on paper 4 weeks it shouldn't have been Close.

Spurhunter

Meanwhile, it's been decided what Ole Miss will be called once they move on from "the rebels"
I thought they became the Black Bears. Or are they now the Landsharks? Do they even know who they are? Either way most people refer to them as Ole Piss. I actually used to like the them until they banned Colonel Reb, tried to ditch Rebels, and banned the state flag on campus. Now they've hired Richard Cranium for head football coach.

Latest posts