Get Ready

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
What's the prediction for the weekend with the big warm up coming? Unfortunately I'm going to miss the initial thaw out and not get to hunt until the weekend.

Dodge Man

What's the prediction for the weekend with the big warm up coming? Unfortunately I'm going to miss the initial thaw out and not get to hunt until the weekend.
Sunday morning is showing a low of 6 degrees. You won't really see a thaw starting until Tuesday. If you already have open water and multiple ice eaters running then you should continue to kill some this weekend. If you are looking for water to open up then you better wait until Tuesday or more likely Wednesday or Thursday. Most places that have not been opened up are 4-6" of ice. It will be the end of the week before most of the ice is gone.

yellalinehunter

Sunday morning is showing a low of 6 degrees. You won't really see a thaw starting until Tuesday. If you already have open water and multiple ice eaters running then you should continue to kill some this weekend. If you are looking for water to open up then you better wait until Tuesday or more likely Wednesday or Thursday. Most places that have not been opened up are 4-6" of ice. It will be the end of the week before most of the ice is gone.
The warm days, rain, and mild nights might speed it up a tad.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I figure our rice field is froze solid, but I expect the rain is going to open it up fast

Dodge Man

I figure our rice field is froze solid, but I expect the rain is going to open it up fast
It will make the ice soft and rotten. But from my experience it takes several days for really thick ice to go away. We had 6" ice a couple years ago. Fallowed by a really big warm up. I remember back to back 65 deg days and we still had ice. Yes the rain will help, but i bet it is Wednesday or Thursday before most places open up without a lot of help. If you can go in and break it up and keep it moving around to melt it would open quicker.

Bgoodman30

I predict that after the rain Monday -Tuesday ducks will be out searching and desperate. If you can open a hole Monday then Tuesday- Wednesday will be mash fest in the right spots. All the ice won't be gone until Thursday. May slow down for a few days unless we keep getting ducks floating back from the south.

Bgoodman30

Yes. Lots mallards, grays, few cans. Very few teal

Didn't see a duck this morning at a different spot. Looks like ducks are dug in and know where there is open water. For sure lately it's he who runs their wells wins….

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Unfortunately I have to work and won't get to hunt until Friday. I hope it waits until then to turn completely on. I like the thaw for the volume of ducks, plus we get some odd ones we don't normally see in the fields. (Cans and redheads).

Dodge Man

I predict that after the rain Monday -Tuesday ducks will be out searching and desperate. If you can open a hole Monday then Tuesday- Wednesday will be mash fest in the right spots. All the ice won't be gone until Thursday. May slow down for a few days unless we keep getting ducks floating back from the south.
Monday the temperature is barely above freezing and the rain forecast is like 20% until around 10pm. Monday night the low is still in the 30s to low 40s. Tuesday even with heavy rain I bet nothing opens until late afternoon. You might can kill ducks Tuesday if you spend all day Monday opening a hole and want to sit he heavy rain Tuesday until that afternoon.

Dodge Man

Unfortunately I have to work and won't get to hunt until Friday. I hope it waits until then to turn completely on. I like the thaw for the volume of ducks, plus we get some odd ones we don't normally see in the fields. (Cans and redheads).
If you are hunting West TN every body of water will be wide open by Thursday most likely. Rivers will be out and tons of water everywhere by Friday. Ducks scattered all over.

Bgoodman30

Monday the temperature is barely above freezing and the rain forecast is like 20% until around 10pm. Monday night the low is still in the 30s to low 40s. Tuesday even with heavy rain I bet nothing opens until late afternoon. You might can kill ducks Tuesday if you spend all day Monday opening a hole and want to sit he heavy rain Tuesday until that afternoon.

Don't matter rain on ice ducks will be stretching their wings and searching. Bust a hole it will be worth it. Folks that wait for the natural thaw miss the best day….

Bgoodman30

Bogota 21 this morning… Vacant this weekend… Like I said pumps on is deadly!

UT-longbeard

1705798015719.gif

Latest posts