Get Ready

Levee Jumper

What y'all think about Tuesday?
Assuming you have Ice and the weather holds out like it currently shows you should be able to bust ice Monday and let the rain melt it Monday night and Tuesday. Tuesday-Friday next week looks like it may be really good.

If you've got open water and havent killed anything yet you probably need to make plans to hunt somewhere else when the thaw comes.

Bgoodman30

What y'all think about Tuesday?

You may be able to bust a hole in deeper water Monday it will probably require a chainsaw… Will be no natural thaw yet without sunshine BUT rain Monday night on top of ice will have it rotten and ducks will be out searching Tuesday and suicidal… One of the best hunts of my life was day before natural thaw when we cut out hole and it rained .5 the night before. Every group we saw wanted in our little hole bad…

WilcoKen

My son and I hunted Unit 1 Old Hickory Sun-Wed mornings. Had a good hole opened with ice eater, had cold temps, had snow, and a little wind. Over 3 days we saw about 12 ducks total. Shot one greenhead Sunday morning, 4 jacks Monday morning, and no ducks the last 2 days. In fact, the last 2 days we did not see 1 duck. Very few shots up and down the river either. It just didn't come together here. Not sure why. We did go down to unit 2 yesterday afternoon and killed 5 divers. Glad to hear folks west have done well though.

Bgoodman30

We are rolling. Had big groups, fifty plus all day long just out looking, workin. Wind died late this eve, the mallards just wouldnt finish. With wind, sun, tomorrow may really get ugly. So much fun just to watch those big groups work.
Not jealous at all! Tomorrow is going to be killer!

Displaced_Vol

Our hole had a hard 2-3" of ice when we left it Monday morning. Soon as we shut off the ice eater, the open water froze over in about 10 minutes. I am assuming our thigh deep water is frozen solid through now.
Next week's forecast looks awesome. We need more water out of the big river and a big thaw. One more go around for our bunch is gonna give it all we got.

Chaneylake

Mallard estates been smashing them the past three days from what I hear
3AF5B345-AE16-4339-951F-59E53CA31549.jpeg

Latest posts