Gary Danielson on FineBama speaks on UF vs UK

TreyB

Notes:

It was a game where he felt the loser of the game would be embarrassed.
UK - embarrassed for losing 30 games
UF - embarrassed for being the team to lose to UK after 30 years

UK players all said streak didn't matter but he believed the streak really bothered UK players.
As soon as a couple of things went wrong, UK looked to be sleep walking out there.

UF has plugged some holes that were huge from last season at QB and K.

UF is much better @ QB then when the season ended and better than with Grier.

LDR is an interesting guy and being @ Bama and around pro players with his dad it probably helped him become comfortable leading and competing with the elite athletes that UF has. Reminds him of Greg McElroy.

LDR is a little better physically than most think even though he has the label of "game manager" but he's better than we all think.

Said UF is getting bigger and stronger. The recruits (the big guys) who are being RS'd right now at UF...in 2 years UF, Bama, FSU & UGA will all look like clones as all 4 come from the same tree.

mtn cur

TreyB":1zk8xh7p said:
Said UF is getting bigger and stronger. The recruits (the big guys) who are being RS'd right now at UF...in 2 years UF, Bama, FSU & UGA will all look like clones as all 4 come from the same tree.

giphy.gif

THEdonkey0515

FineBama in 2014

SEC Network analyst Paul Finebaum gave high praise to Butch Jones and the Tennessee Volunteers during Saturday's live broadcast of "SEC Nation" from the University of Tennessee's campus. Finebaum, a Tennessee alum, called the Vols' season a "huge success" and predicted an SEC Championship Game appearance in the coming years.

"I wasn't sure they could get to .500 to get to bowl eligibility," Finebaum said. "They're about to do that and they'll continue to do that. The energy on this campus and what Butch Jones is doing has impressed me. We've seen this all over the SEC this year, but I think this is the hottest program in the Southeastern Conference. I'm not sure about next year, but in two years this program will be playing in Atlanta for the SEC Championship."

that was in 2014 so.....two years 2016 right???

FineBama 13 months ago..
Tennessean: Do you buy into the hype around the Vols this season?

F: I buy the hype that there's great buzz and interest. Butch Jones has done a great job. I'm not one of those who thinks Tennessee is automatic to win the SEC East. I think they have a chance. I think the program is back. I think the program is knocking on the door of greatness.

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515":3bjnjwq2 said:
FineBama in 2014

SEC Network analyst Paul Finebaum gave high praise to Butch Jones and the Tennessee Volunteers during Saturday's live broadcast of "SEC Nation" from the University of Tennessee's campus. Finebaum, a Tennessee alum, called the Vols' season a "huge success" and predicted an SEC Championship Game appearance in the coming years.

"I wasn't sure they could get to .500 to get to bowl eligibility," Finebaum said. "They're about to do that and they'll continue to do that. The energy on this campus and what Butch Jones is doing has impressed me. We've seen this all over the SEC this year, but I think this is the hottest program in the Southeastern Conference. I'm not sure about next year, but in two years this program will be playing in Atlanta for the SEC Championship."

FineBama 13 months ago..

F: I buy the hype that there's great buzz and interest. Butch Jones has done a great job. I'm not one of those who thinks Tennessee is automatic to win the SEC East. I think they have a chance. I think the program is back. I think the program is knocking on the door of greatness.

We didn't say all of his predictions were correct..... :rotf:

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":1sukr737 said:
FineBama in 2014

FineBama 13 months ago..

That's why I said GARY DANIELSON said. NOT Paw

TreyB

mtn cur":2u5x6req said:
funny tho, ut and recruiting wasn't even mentioned in OP? :roll:

Ahhhh but when a UF fan does it, then it gets called out. But back to the OP. Gary is great.... Vern I like bcse he is crazy but Nessler will be a huge upgrade next year. IMO

THEdonkey0515

My bad Trey.

here is Gary Danielson on Tennessee. a month ago.

Danielson: If Tennessee doesn't win (the SEC East), it will be really tough to swallow for Tennessee. I think they will win the East, but in order to do it, they will have to win a couple of tight games, which is something they had trouble with a year ago. They will probably show up in Atlanta (for the SEC championship game) and be outmanned (by the West Division champ). Tennessee is very physical and they are a really good football team

GN: Can either Georgia or Florida challenge Tennessee in the East?

Danielson: As for the rest of the teams in that division, I just don't see it.

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":3dbuc4y3 said:
My bad Trey.

here is Gary Danielson on Tennessee. a month ago.

Danielson: If Tennessee doesn't win (the SEC East), it will be really tough to swallow for Tennessee. I think they will win the East, but in order to do it, they will have to win a couple of tight games, which is something they had trouble with a year ago. They will probably show up in Atlanta (for the SEC championship game) and be outmanned (by the West Division champ). Tennessee is very physical and they are a really good football team

GN: Can either Georgia or Florida challenge Tennessee in the East?

Danielson: As for the rest of the teams in that division, I just don't see it.

See the difference in my post and yours is, mine is from THREE DAYS AGO!!! Yours is A MONTH ago BEFORE season even got started!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nice try though. But I see what you are saying. NOBODY knows anything. UF can lose to n Texas this week and GD will say something totally different next week. :tu:

THEdonkey0515

hey just posting the mans SEC east prediction from a month ago :tu:

glad he said 3 days ago UF will be good in Two years :bore: and LDR looked good against trash teams.

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":rlcafg81 said:

glad he said 3 days ago UF will be good in Two years :bore: and LDR looked good against trash teams.

Nooooooo he said in 2 years UF, BAMA, UGA and FSU will all look like clones. May want to reread it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Or maybe you have and just cant figure it out.

I am waiting to see what kind of spin u have next

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":2vos129q said:

Said UF is getting bigger and stronger. The recruits (the big guys) who are being RS'd right now at UF...in 2 years UF, Bama, FSU & UGA will all look like clones as all 4 come from the same tree.[/quote]

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":1kz4zbov said:
THEdonkey0515":1kz4zbov said:

[/quote]
ok glad he said UF will look like a Clone of FSU, Bama and Georgia lol :tu: maybe 2 years down the road :tu:

stuff like that only gets said about every other team :eek:

TreyB

Not TN^^^^^maybe in the offseason you can tell how good they will be again for next year. :tu:

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":37iam71b said:
Not TN^^^^^maybe in the offseason you can tell how good they will be again for next year. :tu:
hummm yes it does lol go back and look at 2014 everyone ( expert ) was saying IN TWO YEARS this and that for the vols..... Along with half the teams in the SEC.

just a complete guess really taking a stab on what a team will be two years from now lol :tu: cool.

lets go back to 2016 as far as I can tell he still has UT winning the east.