Garmin Units Networking?

TiminTN

I have a Garmin ordered in the sv family, and saw where gasman had one for sale for a friend. Help me understand the usefull plan to network 2 units on a boat. Give a scenario if you will.

Last edited:

WTM

keep in mind that if you also have panoptix you will also need a gms10 port expander since the uhd's only have one enet port.

dont know which sv you ordered but the 106 and 126 has two ports so it would be possible to combo it and panoptix at the bow to a 93sv uhd at the console without an expander.

Levee Jumper

I have a Garmin ordered in the sv family, and saw where gassman had one for sale for a friend. Help me understand the usefull plan to network 2 units on a boat. Give a scenario if you will.
I agree with you about the bad influences in here....

I just waded off into the Livescope/Garmin waters myself. Given the relatively good deals, I bought 2 Echomap UHD 93SV's and 1 Echomap Ultra 106SV.

I figured I wold network the two 93SV's together and run the 106SV solely for Livescope. Anybody know if I can network the 3 together without a GMS 10 network expander or if I would even want the Livescope unit networked with the other two?

TiminTN

keep in mind that if you also have panoptix you will also need a gms10 port expander since the uhd's only have one enet port.

dont know which sv you ordered but the 106 and 126 has two ports so it would be possible to combo it and panoptix at the bow to a 93sv uhd at the console without an expander.
I ordered the 126sv, so I'd be gtg.

JBell

If gasman sells his live scope, he will have to stoop to fish sticks or fish sandwiches from Mc D's

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I agree with you about the bad influences in here....

I just waded off into the Livescope/Garmin waters myself. Given the relatively good deals, I bought 2 Echomap UHD 93SV's and 1 Echomap Ultra 106SV.

I figured I wold network the two 93SV's together and run the 106SV solely for Livescope. Anybody know if I can network the 3 together without a GMS 10 network expander or if I would even want the Livescope unit networked with the other two?
I would network all of them so you can share transducers and be a complete network. Granted, with those you will have to have the network extender. You dont have to buy garmins , you can get a 30 dollar netgear as long as you make sure water cant get it.

WTM

I would network all of them so you can share transducers and be a complete network. Granted, with those you will have to have the network extender. You dont have to buy garmins , you can get a 30 dollar netgear as long as you make sure water cant get it.
yeah you can use a netgear switch, but as i warn folks, the max operating temp is around 32-100 degrees before it fails. if the switching chip burns out it can possibly send 12v supply over the enet cable back to the mfd and burn out the port.

by contrast a garmin gms10 operating temp is 5-158 degrees.

by contrast

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
yeah you can use a netgear switch, but as i warn folks, the max operating temp is around 32-100 degrees before it fails. if the switching chip burns out it can possibly send 12v supply over the enet cable back to the mfd and burn out the port.

by contrast a garmin gms10 operating temp is 5-158 degrees.

by contrast
I havent heard that. Ive heard of people using them but no reported issues, That Ive seen!! GOOD INFO!

Latest posts