Garden status.

fishboy1

Ok, the early planting of cabbage, sweet potatoes, onions, and some crazy purple variety of potato are doing well. Wife ate the first 3 strawberries yesterday and said they were great.

Planted a several hills of yellow squash Wed and they grew 2-3" last night with the rain!

Straw bale garden got planted Wednesday morning and the little tomatoes doubled in size overnight !

Got about 200 half runners planted along the fence.
6 rows of bush beans
2 rows of black eyed peas
1 row of purple hull peas
3 rows of corn

This morning I got 6 watermelons, 2 butternut - 2 spaghetti squash transplanted, and about 223357989 okra seeds down before work and the rain.

Now if our tomato seeds would only kick it in high gear We could get them out into the garden.

They sprout like crazy, get about 2-3 inches tall then stall out and kind flounder. Did the same thing last year. Any suggestions?

Last year we finally transplanted them and they just sat there for about 3 weeks doing nothing. They slowly came out of it and eventually grew well but were 1-2 months behind the stuff we bought at the co-op.

wlf89

where did u you get the sweet tater slips?
i dont know why maters do that but ours does to just learned to plant them earlier indoors. mine are blooming already.

fishboy1

I think we got them at co-op or wallymart. Dont remember.

Sure wish I knew how to kick the tomatoes past this road block so I can get them in the ground.

fishboy1

I think they need fertilizer. Going to give them a pinch of 10-10-10 tomorrow.

TT- The strawbale garden is looking good and we have a bunch of green tomatoes coming along!

Thanks again for the info to get started. :)

Latest posts