fyi bass tracker bilge

WTM

if you find yourself tracing a leak that isnt there then buy yourself a 10 dollar check valve. water flows back in thru the transom outlet. why they didnt install one to begin with is beyond me, but then again they did use aluminum automotive splices and connectors which should never be used on a boat.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
@WTM I was washing my boat yesterday and just for kicks I turned my bilge pump on.
It hasn't been in the rain and some water came out.

Where exactly did you put the check valve?
I'm not sure where you are talking about the water coming in?

WTM

@WTM I was washing my boat yesterday and just for kicks I turned my bilge pump on.
It hasn't been in the rain and some water came out.

Where exactly did you put the check valve?
I'm not sure where you are talking about the water coming in?
mine has a thru hull bilge drain on the port side. i think they peobably installed it too low. when my son is with me and he shifts his weight the bilge drain is under water. kind of like having the drain plug out.

if yours just has a little water in the bilge then thats fine and it may have a check already installed. we had to take the batteries out and my son cut the hose and installed it at the top close to the drain. i couldnt fit in that space. you can run some water in that drain port with a hose and see if it comes out the bilge pump. that will tell you if the bilge has a check valve or not.

the amount of water i would have in there it took a good 2-3 minutes to drain out. havent had that problem since.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Got ya. Thanks ! Mine only took a few seconds To pump out.

mine has a thru hull bilge drain on the port side. i think they peobably installed it too low. when my son is with me and he shifts his weight the bilge drain is under water. kind of like having the drain plug out.

if yours just has a little water in the bilge then thats fine and it may have a check already installed. we had to take the batteries out and my son cut the hose and installed it at the top close to the drain. i couldnt fit in that space. you can run some water in that drain port with a hose and see if it comes out the bilge pump. that will tell you if the bilge has a check valve or not.

the amount of water i would have in there it took a good 2-3 minutes to drain out. havent had that problem sink

Latest posts