Bilge pump question

Doecrusher

So my old boat i wired the bilge and float to a rocker switch and the switch needed to be flipped in order for float switch to activate the pump with no manual. Hooking up a bilge/float to the new boat i have the float switch going straight to the battery and a manual switch going to a fuse block. If i add a fuse to the float switch to the battery the manual switch dont work. So is the fuse block to the rocker switch protecting the float switch too is my question?? Thanks

WTM

sounds like you have something wired funky. here is how you need tow wire it to protect the conductors, bilge and switches and work the way you want it to.

IMG_1365.jpeg

Doecrusher

The bilge has a float built in so theres 3 wires(blk for neg, red for auto float, and brown for manual. I had it all working yesterday with power coming off the fuse block to the rocker switch and brown hooked up to the other terminal on rocker. Black going to negative on block and red going to the battery. Now if i hook up the red to battery my switch dont work again.

Latest posts