Repair question

woodyard

When and if you take your boat and motor in for a repair of some sort and you know it may be there a few days , do you pull your electronics off?

Maybe I am paranoid. I had my boat at a dealer for some engine work and I pulled everything except the Garmin that is mounted in the dash. Also all tackle and everything came out. I had my cover on it since I knew it would be outside.

I was amazed at the big screened units I saw on a number of boats setting in the 'waiting" corral and the number in the "repaired" corral.Both chain link fence enclosures. Looked to be easy pickins for a pair of thieves. Maybe they had some good security cameras hid out.

TNReb

I pull mine off. Only takes a few minutes. The likelihood of them being stolen is pretty low, but I don't see any reason to risk it.

Redfox

I pull everything. It'd be amazing if someone would open a good shop that had covered boat storage. I hate my rig sitting out in the weather even just over night. I have been pretty disappointed with the shops around ky lake over the years. Bet a young guy with the proper schooling, drive, and a good investor could turn a fortune in short order.

woodyard

I pull everything. It'd be amazing if someone would open a good shop that had covered boat storage. I hate my rig sitting out in the weather even just over night. I have been pretty disappointed with the shops around ky lake over the years. Bet a young guy with the proper schooling, drive, and a good investor could turn a fortune in short order.
I haven't tried the shops around there in 15-20 years. Back at that time, one there and Union City Marine made me mad enough to do my own work. Replaced a gaulded piston in a 50 hp Merc at that time. Did buy my last boat at ACS. What little work I have needed over the years goes to Beech Lake Marine. Pretty happy with them.

DaveTN

I'd pull everything out. Thieves have figured out that those cameras on the lots don't do any good if they can't be identified and get out before someone responds.

Heck, I remove everything from my vehicles when I take them to be detailed, and they aren't being left overnight. I guess I've just seen to much of what people will do.

Spurhunter

What little work I have needed over the years goes to Beech Lake Marine. Pretty happy with them.
I hear good things all the time about Beech Lake Marine. I just checked and they have factory trained Yamaha techs. I'm going to try them out when I need someone. My Vmax High Pressure Direct Injection 175 is about as complicated as a space shuttle.

woodyard

I hear good things all the time about Beech Lake Marine. I just checked and they have factory trained Yamaha techs. I'm going to try them out when I need someone. My Vmax High Pressure Direct Injection 175 is about as complicated as a space shuttle.
I just had mine down there with an intermittent engine miss that I have had at high rpms and then started at lower rpms. They could have told me and sold me something I did not need easily. Turned out to just be plugs. Weird, they said it is kind of a common problem with the merc pro xpress 115. They don't really foul out. They kind of coat over.

Spurhunter

I just had mine down there with an intermittent engine miss that I have had at high rpms and then started at lower rpms. They could have told me and sold me something I did not need easily. Turned out to just be plugs. Weird, they said it is kind of a common problem with the merc pro xpress 115. They don't really foul out. They kind of coat over.
Honesty makes it worth the trip for me. Thank you for sharing.

Redfox

I hope beech lake does you well but I can't recommend them for repairs. That being said I have never owned a Yamaha

Spurhunter

I hope beech lake does you well but I can't recommend them for repairs. That being said I have never owned a Yamaha
No matter how many good reviews you read there's always going to be an instance where something went wrong. I hope yours was that one time they failed to deliver and the good reviews are the norm.

scn

I pull everything when I take it to the dealer. Mine has a sign up that they aren't responsible for stuff left in the boat. If something went bad, they might try to help, but, they have the signage to fall back on.

Hduke86

My electronics are quickly overcoming the worth of my boat!
Mine did as soon as I got the Ulterra and helix9. Then I decided to add a Garmin 106sv and Livescope and that doesn't include the seelite transducer pole for livescope and the mounts from Stowaway that lower and raise. Toss in the 24v lithium battery for the Ulterra and the dedicated 12v lithium for Livescope and I need a bigger boat. 😂 all this is on a xpress 16' with 30hp yamaha tiller

Latest posts