Question for bluball

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
@bluball ,how close to my trolling motor can I realistically mount a heading sensor. The instructions say 2ft. I don't have that where I want to put it. I have about 17 inches to keep it out of the way so it won't get stepped on or beat up some how. Would that be enough?

bluball

@bluball ,how close to my trolling motor can I realistically mount a heading sensor. The instructions say 2ft. I don't have that where I want to put it. I have about 17 inches to keep it out of the way so it won't get stepped on or beat up some how. Would that be enough?
On minnkota ultrex's we have mounted some right next to them without any problems.I have mine actually mounted on the console,it doesn't have to be on the front.You can check for interference with a compass,will link a video.The minnkota puck is mainly for the jog feature on the ipilot,can't use the jog feature unless it's installed.I actually went a yr before I installed mine because I never used the jog feature.This info is just for the minnkota puck,some of the lowrance and humminbird pucks are more sensitive to interference than the minnkota pucks.

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
Thanks. Good info there. I took it out yesterday to play with it. I think I'm going to go with the console after paying attention to where I put my foot when I fish. I never realized how much I put my foot up on the edge of the boat.

Latest posts