tracker storage hatch?

WTM

anyway to make the unfinished aluminum cooler?

raised the hatch to get some hooks out and i couldnt hardly touch the back of the lid and it melted some plastic worms i had stored in a box. i guess i need to see how hot it gets in the battery compartment.

Doecrusher

We're the worms still in package or loosely packed in box?? My boat is out in the sun all day and my plastics are in my gun box and no issues but they're still in the package. Maybe an adhesive backed heat shield???

Last edited:

WTM

We're the worms still in package or loosely packed in box?? My boat is out in the sun all day and my plastics are in my gun box and no issues but they're still in the package. Maybe an adhesive backed heat shield???
loosely packed in a box, like a multi assorted worm kit. the ones in the packages seem fine. gonna melt those down and make some cube baits.

yeah i was thinking of some of that decking like chimneyman suggested but think maybe the heat will melt the glue and itd come off.

now im thinking coat with some grey truck be liner epoxy paint.

i also need the get a bluetooth monitor for my batteries that read temp for my battery compartment. the aluminum was so hot i couldnt hardly touch it. these lids have carpet on top so one would think it wouldnt get that hot inside the storage compartments.

scn

One of the silver heavy duty sun tarps will help a great deal. It has been the best thing I have done for my boat storage since I don't have a garage or shed to store it in. I buy mine off of Ebay.

WTM

One of the silver heavy duty sun tarps will help a great deal. It has been the best thing I have done for my boat storage since I don't have a garage or shed to store it in. I buy mine off of Ebay.
this was during a sun up to sun down fishing trip. i store mine in the garage. you would think that the grey carpet would keep the aluminum hatch lids from heating up like that.

Latest posts