Future Rabbit Runners

Mud Creek

20240417_085712.jpg

20240417_085720.jpg

She had a total of 5 last week, 1 didn't make it but the rest are doing good.

Mud Creek

Good looking pups! Sure miss running beagles!

Me too and I still have some lol. It's sad what has happened to small game hunting and hunters, houndsman especially. I said I was done with beagles, but it's tough to walk away from what I've done since I was just a kid. I've raised a few generations of these dogs, hate to see it die out but I guess it's inevitable in the long run.

timberjack86

Me too and I still have some lol. It's sad what has happened to small game hunting and hunters, houndsman especially. I said I was done with beagles, but it's tough to walk away from what I've done since I was just a kid. I've raised a few generations of these dogs, hate to see it die out but I guess it's inevitable in the long run.
If I didn't have bear hounds I'd have beagles. One day in the future I hope.

Mud Creek

I love me some beagles. I haven't had any in probably 15 years. I miss having them dearly. I keep telling the wife I'm going to fence the front yard in and get me 2. My soon to be 5 year old would love chasing bunnies

I went from a big pack of 14 now down to just 2 grown running dogs and these 4 pups. I'll keep 1 or 2 to fool with but it may be a waste of time. Finding a good spot is hard these days. I'd rather dove and duck hunt now but I've had a million dollars worth of fun hunting over beagles that's for sure!

Mud Creek

Are they the short ones or more square looking? Nice looking pups.

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response! I run 13" or smaller dogs. Had some of the bigger ones over the years, a few of them really good, but overall I prefer smaller dogs. Usually less crashing and banging around during the run.