I was told yesterday that they changed the regs
this week making spotted fawns illegal.

Warning tickets were issued yesterday, but
the online regs may have already changed
Fines to be issued very soon

Per GW

Mr.Bro

Still reads "highly discouraged."

So kill the doe that has spotted fawns with her but don't shoot the ones with spots. Don't make sense.

catman529

Mr.Bro":27o5nyrl said:
Still reads "highly discouraged."

So kill the doe that has spotted fawns with her but don't shoot the ones with spots. Don't make sense.
the fawns will be ok without their momma. Unless you want the most tender back straps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medwc

landman":11bqxdj0 said:
I was told yesterday that they changed the regs
this week making spotted fawns illegal.

Warning tickets were issued yesterday, but
the online regs may have already changed
Fines to be issued very soon

Per GW
I like a good rumor....
Per what GW? Like what was his name? A deer is a deer. In a month most fawns won't have a spot and still only be 35 lbs or less max. Hello!!!

And I an NOT calling you out landman, just wondering which GW if it was a Fort GW.

TheLBLman

catman529":34ek7oet said:
. . . . the fawns will be ok without their momma. . . .
Not necessarily the case.
Orphaned fawns which have lost their spots CAN have good survivability, and in some studies, male fawns were even more likely to survive to their 2nd year. But this thread is regarding younger "spotted" fawns, which may not be so likely to survive without their momma.

catman529

TheLBLman":2ldajb97 said:
catman529":2ldajb97 said:
. . . . the fawns will be ok without their momma. . . .
Not necessarily the case.
Orphaned fawns which have lost their spots CAN have good survivability, and in some studies, male fawns were even more likely to survive to their 2nd year. But this thread is regarding younger "spotted" fawns, which may not be so likely to survive without their momma.
fawns are weaned in as little as 6 weeks, and most are pushing several months old by the time deer season rolls around. They are born with survival instincts like any other wild animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medwc

Well I know for a fact that a local GW checked hunters ON FORT CAMPBELL. It hasn't happened in 5 or so years but he stopped me many times. Anything from checking my paperwork, just BS with me and gave me a warning once for inking out my name and permit number off my hunting pass( many moons ago you had your permit number on your paperwork but I Xed it out because people could get your number and use it). Anyway, interesting stuff happening on the Fort. And... I don't think anyone should kill a spotted fawn but does it really matter as long as they tag it?

HuntFish714

Im sure its to help reduce the number of button bucks being shot, to encourage a forsure doe since thats what the program is about 'Reducing Doe Numbers' NOT potentially shooter bucks in a couple of years to keep drawing people to the fort $. There were a TON of button bucks last year killed and we're back at earn a buck again this year because doe quotas for there research were not met.

JDP

landman":g0hnla3q said:
JDP":g0hnla3q said:
TN GW has no juristiction on Ft Campbell...

But with only one Federal GW on post at this time they are there...and can write you a ticket

TN officers are there when they are hunting, working with the Federal GW's or when they put on Ft Campbell Youth hunts.

There is only 1 Federal GW assigned to Ft Campbell at this time, but several other Federal GW's work the fort too, the Federal Officers from Cross Creeks, and others out of the Paris, TN office work on post too.

I'm not law enforcement, so I cannot say if a TN GW can write you a ticket on post or not I'll ask Officer Curtis tomorrow.

Latest posts