Friday Low & Slow

kdxdude

Well, I've had enough of hearing all the bad news in the world. So, I committed to not watching or listening to any news today. Woke up, had my morning coffee, petted my dog, fired up the smoker, threw 2 venison roasts on at 8 am & a rack of babyback ribs at 1 pm. Landsharks on ice, sunshine, listening to RadioMargaritaville and talking to the dog (she hasn't started talkin back yet, but it's early). LOL!! Ya'll have a great day!!!

kdxdude

Charlie's Army said:
let us know how the roasts turned out... I have a venison roast in the freezer and if you have any suggestions on smoking it let me know

The deer roasts turned out very good. I just put some dry rub on em & smoked em at 235 deg. & took em to an internal temp. of between 145 deg. & 150 deg. I used walnut & cherry wood chips. Good Luck to Ya!!!

DntBrnDPig

kdxdude, where are you getting your wood chips? I have looked all over the normal stores and cant find anything other than mesquite and hickory. I like the Hickory but not so much Mesquite.

I would really like to find some good walnut, cherry, and apple chips.

kdxdude

I know a couple of guys who have sawmills & build cabinets. Give me a pm & I will get you some wood chips. Right now I have walnut, cherry, apple, oak & persimmon.

Latest posts