Franchi ID help

Gvit

Guy (friend of a friend) is trying to sell me a Franchi 20 gauge semi, serial # C569xx (no model info).
He's about 50 miles away, want's $400 for it. Any idea what it is & what it's worth?

attachment.php

attachment.php

DaveB

Need pictures. Looks to me like it could be junk it could be gold.

What is his description of quality? nicks scratches, blueing, etc?

Receiver blue or silver? Engraving?

Stock is wood or plastic?

Appears some of the wood looks like pine. Cheap pine. Others is WOW walnut.

Be sure you hit up Gunbroker and look for like Franchi's. This will give you a better feel for the current value of the weapon.

TNReb

Gvit":j9giyqvp said:
Guy (friend of a friend) is trying to sell me a Franchi 20 gauge semi, serial # C569xx (no model info).
He's about 50 miles away, want's $400 for it. Any idea what it is & what it's worth?

Your images aren't showing up.

Are you sure that's the correct serial #? I think the first two characters are supposed to be letters.. like CA, CB, etc (if it's made in Italy... and I think Franchis are). Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

CA: 2006
CB: 2007
CC: 2008
CD: 2009
CF: 2010
CH: 2011
CI: 2012
CL: 2013
CM: 2014

That's all I could find. If it's a letter after M, it's obviously newer than 2014, and if it's in good condition, it's a good deal.

REN had a Franchi 20g. I used it a couple of times. It was a great gun. I don't really like the balance of the Franchi compared to the M2, but for $400 I would jump on it if it was in good condition.

hunter0925

I have a franchi intensity and love it. Franchi seems to be a very solid cousin of the benelli and for 400 I would think it would be a good deal. I would love to find something like that for my wife to practice with.

TiminTN

Franchi 48 AL with gold trigger. Poor pictures, but might be the delux model. If so it will have nice figure in the wood. Worth double asking price. I just bought this one.

20180326_135014_zpswngf667h.jpg

whiskey

The 48 AL is a great little gun. It's very light. Your pics show some wear on the wood, but who cares if you plan to hunt with it. I will tell you that it might not cycle cheap light loads. You will probably need a quality shell to cycle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts