Franchi Momentum Elite

UpperTully

I have the Momentum in 6.5. It's the same gun as the Elite minus the 1 piece picatinny rail and muzzle brake. It seems some Elite models vary in difference from a hinged floor plate to a drop magazine style.

With that said, when I first handled the gun I was impressed with the fit and finish. It didn't feel like a cheaply made synthetic stock gun. It has a Benelli feel to it. Out of the box trigger impressions were really good. It does have an adjustable trigger that can be worked down to 2lbs. The bolt has a short 60° lift but is slightly rough while working the action. I'm noticing it to smooth up the more I work the action though. One of the biggest advantages to this rifle is the bottom metal with hinged metal floor plate. You don't have flimsy feeling plastic magazines to deal with, no problems with feeding either. Over all I feel it is a very solid rifle that can give other competitors a run for it's money.

Out of the box, it is a sub moa gun. Below is a 100 yard group with basic WInchester 129grn Power Points. I feel it is capable of more with with better ammo and maybe some bedding work.

Attachments

• momentum.jpg
    momentum.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26

Long walker

I picked up an original Momentum on the cheap in 30-06 when prices started going sideways as I figured it would be good idea to have something in the stalwart cartridge.

Pretty much the same experience as UpperTully. Light, good trigger, threaded muzzle and a good shooter. I'm running a 180 Berger EH over VV N-550 in Lapua brass with FGMM 210 primer. Getting a little over 2850 fps and definitely sub-moa.

Only complaint is the built-in sling mounts. You can't mount a Harris type bi-pod without fear of breaking the plastic and the picatinny adapters won't work either. Best bet would be to do a permanent mount into the stock which I'll eventually do with a combo pic and Arca rail.

Ballistic-X-Export-2022-08-24 11_55_36.092759.jpg

hittingsteal

Nick hoffman chesney fiddle player is shooting one in 300 win. It sure looks like well built gun. Almost looks custom.