• Other. Why?

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

batten_down

Help me decide my next build.

BCA upper in 450 Bushmaster

Or

PSA upper in 300 Blackout

PSA lower is what I'm working with. So interested in fit and finish of the Bear Creek upper fitted to PSA lower for those with experience

Any other helpful feedback is appreciated

Urban_Hunter

I have a 7.5" BCA side charging upper in 300BO if you're interested. 50-75 rounds through it. Runs subs great.

Attachments

• IMG_8854.jpeg
    IMG_8854.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 33

batten_down

Can't go wrong with a 300 BO

But, the only ammo on the shelf during the "pandemic" was 450 Bushmaster....so there's that.

I'd lean towards 450. Kill anything in North America with that hog.

LOVE all my PSA carbines.
I was surprised with the ballistics of the 450 bm. I think it would be a ton of fun to run through an ar. The two biggest drawbacks are the fit and finish concern of the Bear Creek upper to the Palmetto State lower, and the max capacity in a 30 round style magazine is 9 rounds. Not a huge drawback, but does take away a little bit.

What are you going to use it for? For deer hunting?

If for deer hunting, there are better choices. I personally like 6.5 Grendel.
Deer and pigs. I have a Grendel I built for my Son, and love it. Big fan. Was thinking I'd build something different this time, for fun. But might just build another Grendel. Have a completed lower, figured there'd be some deals this weekend online on uppers.

Dennis

I have a 450 BM upper. It is surprisingly accurate within its range. It is pretty flat to 175 yds. You might be able to get a MPBR of 200 on deer. More likely a little less though.

Normally when I'm done hunting I would drop the magazine and then cycle the round out of the chamber. Then put that round back into the top of the magazine.

If you do that, keep in mind that this is a straight wall cartridge with little to no crimp. If you take the same round and cycle it in and out of the chamber a few times the bullet will unseat and dump powder into your trigger group. Ask me how I know.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Back when I was looking for a deer hunting cartridge for an AR I landed on 6.5G and 6.8SPC. They are VERY similar to any sane hunting distances. I went with the 6.5G because I could find it and components at the time. No regrets.

BUT … I was looking for something for me AND my kids. 450 BM or 458 SOCOM didn't fit the bill for the recoil for them. Either would work fine for 150yd and in for an adult, in addition to the others mentioned above. I still really like the 6.5G if I was forced to make a decision.

The 300BO is cool IF you want to make your own brass if it is antiquated (doubtful for any cartridges mentioned except for possibly the SOCOM), AND if you want to go subsonic. I think that the 300 Hammr is built better for supersonic/full house loads due to larger case capacity, but not sure if it has staying power or not not. There are just better options for hunting than 300BO in my opinion.

Latest posts