FPB in savage ml-10 ????????????????

ewc

A friend of mine shot a bunch of them out of his 10ml2 in preparation for an elk hunt. He developed his load with 777 because smokeless was not legal where he was hunting. He had good success / accuracy. He ended up taking a 310-315 bull with that bullet-

One could very easily develop a load with smokeless powders.

ewc

fullstream-

You just have to develop a load. Use a chrono and some thought about the case/caliber.

You can shoot anything out of that gun if you think about it first. I'll concede that you will not push that combo to a Savage's potential.

However, I'm shooting loads that are timing at light speed, but low in pressure. Many think that smokeless shoots to a higher pressure, but that is not always true.

Reloading homework and a chrono can go a long way-

Tiny

ewc said:
fullstream-

You just have to develop a load. Use a chrono and some thought about the case/caliber.

You can shoot anything out of that gun if you think about it first. I'll concede that you will not push that combo to a Savage's potential.

However, I'm shooting loads that are timing at light speed, but low in pressure. Many think that smokeless shoots to a higher pressure, but that is not always true.

Reloading homework and a chrono can go a long way-

Well Said.

ewc

I could give you some actual data that I have but it would be with 777 as stated above.

I would "suggest" H-4198 or H-322. H4198 62-67 max will be 2300+.

H322 will be in the 68-72+ range. It will be at 2400+

There are much better options for bullets-

paboom

Hornady says that it works from "800 to 2000+" I don't shoot smokeless but most smokeless shooters I know shoot a min of 2200 so I would say you might be pushing the FPB a bit out of it's limits. As ewc stated, there are better options for bullets in my opinon.

Are you needing a conical for CO (in which case you can't shoot smokeless) or just curious if it will work?

Latest posts