Four Horsemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scioto

Vermin, this is a good read. http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... ame-series

Two of the five winningest college football programs in history, but they have only played five times going way, way, way back. Something like 1,700 games.combined. Buckeyes lead 3-2 all time. Sorry Bammer fans, you guys are on the outside looking in. Tied for sixth all time (with Oklahoma! Hmmm).

I never knew that back in the day (I mean way back in the day), two incomplete passes into the end zone resulted in a touch back.

* Edited: not 1,700 games played combined, over 1,700 victories combined.

gator-n-buck

Two of the winningest college football programs in history would be Princeton and Yale. They have won more N/C combined. Of course, I also has to go back to the stone ages before modern football to find these stats..... LOL

Vermin93

Football tradition envy. ND vs Ohio State will dwarf the viewing audience for any SEC bowl game except maybe the Bammer playoff game(s). Nobody would watch Princeton vs Yale. Night and day difference, but nice try.

Scioto

gator-n-buck":1y1hjbjf said:
Two of the winningest college football programs in history would be Princeton and Yale. They have won more N/C combined. Of course, I also has to go back to the stone ages before modern football to find these stats..... LOL

Since Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are not FBS schools they typically aren't included. I also didn't include Mount Union.

Scioto

mtn cur":3q2uklmz said:
hows the last say.....8 years looked? :pop:

The irony in your comment is it short changes the rich football history of a team you obviously like, Alabama, and another SEC team you obviously dislike, Tennessee.

gator-n-buck

OHVATN":1xywi3hg said:
gator-n-buck":1xywi3hg said:

Since Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are not FBS schools they typically aren't included. I also didn't include Mount Union.

Was any of those schools considered FBS back in the day and did the FBS exist????

From what I can find, the FBS was founded in 1978....

Spurhunter

Imagine that. GnB diverting another thread away from the intended topic. Some people just can't stay on topic unless it's a) a UT bashing thread, or b) a florida praise thread. But don't call him out for hijacking. He will cry to the mods and get the whole thread deleted. :roll:

mtn cur

OHVATN":jh6shv5k said:
mtn cur":jh6shv5k said:
hows the last say.....8 years looked? :pop:

The irony in your comment is it short changes the rich football history of a team you obviously like, Alabama, and another SEC team you obviously dislike, Tennessee.
lol oh I'm just ribbing ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scioto

gator-n-buck":3g8t02x3 said:
OHVATN":3g8t02x3 said:
gator-n-buck":3g8t02x3 said:

Was any of those schools considered FBS back in the day and did the FBS exist????

From what I can find, the FBS was founded in 1978....

You are such a negative Nelly most of the time. :poke:

Removing the non-FBS schools from the list actually benefits Florida. The Gators still don't move into the top 20, but they get closer at #22.

scn

Spurhunter":35afj7vg said:
Imagine that. GnB diverting another thread away from the intended topic. Some people just can't stay on topic unless it's a) a UT bashing thread, or b) a florida praise thread. But don't call him out for hijacking. He will cry to the mods and get the whole thread deleted. :roll:

If you are talking about the thread that was deleted this morning, there was no input from GNB. I deleted it for the continued crap talking.

If it continues in the tone it currently is going, there will be fewer posters to take part, or I will recommend to Ruger to shut the whole thing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts