Found a beautiful hen in the woods today!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Most brightly colored one I have ever found.
IMG_1417.jpeg

Shag

Choices choices, lol actually never had the chicken fried might try that. Do you just moisten and bread or do you dredge them.
I have always sauteed with butter, onions, a few jalapenos and a little minced garlic
I moisten with just a little water first (helps the first round of flour stick), then flour, then dip in egg, then into seasoned flour (salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning), then fry them up golden brown.

Edit: I'm gonna give away one of my secrets here for great fried chicken….add some baking powder (NOT baking soda) to the seasoned flour. It gives it more lift, crunch and texture.

Last edited:

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I moisten with just a little water first (helps the first round of flour stick), then flour, then dip in egg, then into seasoned flour (salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning), then fry them up golden brown.

Edit: I'm gonna give away one of my secrets here for great fried chicken….add some baking powder (NOT baking soda) to the seasoned flour. It gives it more lift, crunch and texture.
This^^^
Yes sir!
Hands down fantastic chicken fried !
Thanks for the suggestion
IMG_1422.jpeg

Hymie3

Hands down my favorite mushroom to eat. I like to sauté in a skillet with butter and garlic and spices. it has a texture of chicken strips.

Latest posts