FORKS OF RIVER WMA

C1295

I am new to public land hunting and was going to try out the forks of the river WMA. is there anything i should know before going? any advice I have hunted private land all my life but never public land.

SuperStill

Same boat. I guess I will see you there, along with many others, I'm sure. TWRA toolbox says that there were 15 total deer taken there last year. So, not a bad number for 650 acres in my opinion, but you're going to work for it. Best of luck.

C1295

Same boat. I guess I will see you there, along with many others, I'm sure. TWRA toolbox says that there were 15 total deer taken there last year. So, not a bad number for 650 acres in my opinion, but you're going to work for it. Best of luck.
Do they allow cross bows or just compound bows or do you know?

SuperStill

Do they allow cross bows or just compound bows or do you know?
I'm pretty sure that crossbows are fair play considering that the TWRA guide only specifies "Archery equipment," but full disclosure, I'm not a lawyer...lol. If your worried (like me) about rules and regulations regarding this WMA, then you can call the Region IV office at (423)587-7037. I'm sure they have the right answers. I will be dove hunting there come Sept.

Travis G.

The dove hunting is some of the best in tn. But be prepared for alot of folks.
I agree with this. Even though there were always a million people hunting it was usually pretty decent. I used to trail run through there all the time but deer would be tough. If you did well I would be impressed just due to the face that so many people use it for recreational use. Never know though. It's as easy access as it gets

Latest posts