Fish Lights

Sako

I have had a fish light for a while and never did anything with it so Monday night I decided to drop it off the end of the dock and see what happened... Holy Mackerel, Now I have bought everything to wire up the dock with a few fish lights and set them on a timer so they turn on and off everyday. This is one light about 20 minutes after dark. I caught crappie underneath the light just sitting there. I will get some pictures up once I get the lights installed and some video to see how it is. I would think if I leave the lights on everynight I will get more and more fish around them and thus more and more fish around the dock. These things pull less than a watt since they are LED so I would assume I can run them all night, everyday for almost nothing in electricity.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I run 2 all night off my in laws dock. I wear them out certain times of the year fishing under them. I've found fishing the last hour or 2 before sunrise to be more productive than any other time. I run mine 6-7 feet down.

Sako

I run 2 all night off my in laws dock. I wear them out certain times of the year fishing under them. I've found fishing the last hour or 2 before sunrise to be more productive than any other time. I run mine 6-7 feet down.
wow... I would not have thought that deep... These were only about 2 feet deep. If you run them that deep do you still even see the light on the surface?

Sako

They are great for attracting baitfish for sure but I wouldn't leave them on all night unless you want fishermen on boats swinging by which isn't a problem until they snag your light and put a hook into the cord or bring it down. I use green light all the time for crappie fishing
That is the only thing I am worried about. I do not mind people fishing around my dock and have had zero problems so far... I will have to see how it goes for sure. I am actually thinking of attaching them to the poles of the dock and have considered running the cords inside of PVC to keep the cords from getting snagged...

Lt.Dan

I have had a fish light for a while and never did anything with it so Monday night I decided to drop it off the end of the dock and see what happened... Holy Mackerel, Now I have bought everything to wire up the dock with a few fish lights and set them on a timer so they turn on and off everyday. This is one light about 20 minutes after dark. I caught crappie underneath the light just sitting there. I will get some pictures up once I get the lights installed and some video to see how it is. I would think if I leave the lights on everynight I will get more and more fish around them and thus more and more fish around the dock. These things pull less than a watt since they are LED so I would assume I can run them all night, everyday for almost nothing in electricity.

There y'all go again. Now I have to buy a light. Sheesh. When will it end? 😆 🤣 😂

Latest posts