First cam check of the year...

Shed Hunter

...didn't go so great. We had six cams out, but my buddy forgot his three spare sd cards so we only checked 3 cams.

No big bucks.. mostly worried the big 140" 9 pointer got killed, he has always stayed at the same lick and showed up in June.. still plenty time for him to show up this year though.

On the bright side I got some good pictures and it's only mid-july. :) Here's a pic from each cam

Hope he's young, I look forward to watching him grow up.

Maybe my big bucks from last year will start craving salt soon! Will get my other 3 cams next week.

catman529

better than mine, I'm not sure where the big bucks hang around my spot. Only yearlings (last year's buttons), lots of does and fawns. Nice pics of the fawns though but I'm with you, want to see an older buck. No worries, they will come in when they smell those hot does in the thicket in November.

Shed Hunter

catman529 said:
I'm with you, want to see an older buck. No worries, they will come in when they smell those hot does in the thicket in November.

I'm sure the big ones will come. I don't even have a camera where three of my top 5 from last year where during post season. I did put one where my biggest 10 was but we didn't get to check it.

I just wish it was next week so I could get the others :grin:

Latest posts