Fiocchi Golden Turkey

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Anyone use these rounds? If so what's your thought in them. Found them for $13.00 a box of 10. Just wondering how they perform

tnanh

I have shot the golden pheasant 3 inc sixes in a 20
Gauge and to about 35 yards they patterned pretty good. Have not shot a turkey with them but would think they would do as well as any #6 lead for as far as the pattern holds up.

TheLBLman

These pellets are nickel plated (rather than copper), and that should make them penetrate a tad better (than copper-plated lead). They will not penetrate (same size pellets) anything like as well as HTL or TSS pellets.

A few years ago, I experimented with them, but couldn't get them to pattern as well as some other brands.

As many may have noted, higher velocity loads tend to have more erratic patterns than lower-velocity loads. Many of the Fiocchi loads tend to be a little higher velocity than some others. Many people swear by Fiochi's high-velocity loads for pheasant hunting.

Andy S.

If they'll pattern in your setup, they'll kill turkeys. I hunted with similar loads for 15+ years before going to HTL/TSS, and never felt like I was handicapped because of my shells. Good luck!

Latest posts