Final AP Poll!

PalsPal

Looks like a majority of the pollsters actually used their brain in ranking TN above Bama.

But, you had a few idiots who put Bama as high as 2 ( 🤔 ); and then a few who put Penn St above us.

So, we end up at 6.

It still seems like a dream. White better step up and lock Heupel down with a great contract.

991bfc5e942d592ea615a7cc099685fd.jpg

Spurhunter

Still cracks me up how they have tcu, michigan and ohio state ranked. LOL
They all three play like ONE game a year. :D
I keep hearing that TCU didn't play anybody, but they beat 5 ranked teams in the regular season. That sounds like a pretty good schedule. Michigan and Ohio State only beat 2 ranked teams each in the regular season.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I keep hearing that TCU didn't play anybody, but they beat 5 ranked teams in the regular season. That sounds like a pretty good schedule. Michigan and Ohio State only beat 2 ranked teams each in the regular season.
Those 5 ranked teams were who?

bowhunterfanatic

100%. They showed they didn't belong last night, but I thought they deserved to be there.

Spurhunter

They should have let UCF in a few years ago when they wanted in then.
Until the issue with Conference Championships is settled, there is no right way to do it. How do you penalize a team that loses their CCG, and leave them out of the playoff, and replace them with a team that didn't even qualify for and play in their CCG? Maybe the 12 team playoff will do away with Conference Championship Games and that part of the problem will be solved.

Displaced_Vol

That's the kicker though is who is truly "deserving" at a shot at the national title. Not to say it wouldn't ever happen with 3 teams but that's the exception not the rule. Every year of the playoffs there have been lopsided games, now to be fair it's more often in the semi finals but still. There are rarely 4 teams that deserve to play for a NC.
Here's the deal for me- one of the reasons college football stands above every other sport is every single week matters. The more we expand the playoffs the more we diminish the regular season and I think that's a shame. The rivalries and pageantry that go into each week are amplified when the season is on the line each week.
I don't want to try to manufacture upsets or drama. We've got the NCAA tournament for that-

I also think we should move from a 6 win to 7 win requirement for bowl games and dump 1/4 of them but I know that toothpaste won't go back in the tube.

Spurhunter

Here's the deal for me- one of the reasons college football stands above every other sport is every single week matters. The more we expand the playoffs the more we diminish the regular season and I think that's a shame.
I agree 100%! I've had this exact conversation with NFL fans. In college, you better bring it every week. 1 loss and you are probably out. 2 losses and you are out. In the NFL you can make the playoffs with a losing record and end up Super Bowl Champions. For the record, I'm against the big playoff expansion to 12. Maybe 6 with a bye for the top 2 seeds or something, but there is never going to be more than 6 deserving teams to put in the playoff.

Boll Weevil

I'm still not 100% sure what to think other than what transpired at Sofi last night was an absolute complete and total beat down. It's gotta give pause to Sarkisian at UTx, Venables at OU, and any kid thinking about going to one of those teams vs a SEC team. If the SEC is indeed this much stronger a conference, UTx and OU joining might be a punch-in-the-throat-wake-up call that was reflected on the field last night.

Latest posts